I have a menu screen with GUI boxes that use open and close fade behaviors, and the menu screen itself uses open and close game events (the close event is only triggered if the menu screen is closed without calling another menu screen).

The open event is triggered as the GUI boxes begin fading in, but the close event only triggers after the GUI boxes have finished fading out from their fade behavior. I would like to trigger the close event as the GUI boxes begin fading so they're synchronized. Is this something that can be done? I don't see any options for something like this.
  • That's currently not possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2016
    I don't suppose there would be a way to achieve this via scripting? I looked through the ORK framework API and saw bool IsClosing [get] in the GUIBox class reference but I'm not entirely positive how I would check that.
    Post edited by braytendo on
  • edited December 2016
    You'd need to change this in ORK's code. Checking IsClosing on a GUI box wont really help you, as a menu screen can consist of multiple GUI boxes, and a closing GUI box can just be one part of it being closed (depending on your setup).

If you want to do it manually by listening to some status, you'd have to check the Status of the opened menu screen if it's closing.

I'll add an option to start the close event with fading out the menu screen in the next update :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yippee! Thanks for being so awesome all the time! :D
  • Hi @braytendo, sorry I'm necroing this thread, but I was wondering... how do you that: "and the menu screen itself uses open and close game events"

I'd like to add a game event when my inventory screen closes, but I looked everywhere and can't find an option to call my event.

Thanks!
  • In Menus > Menu Screens, in your inventory menu screen at the bottom of the Base Settings. The Open Game Event is used when opening the menu screen, the Close Game Event is used when closing it :)
  • Man I can't believe I missed that. Thanks GIL!