• edited October 2017
    16) Perfect!!! that is what I needed.

18) Yeap this is how I have setup my tooltip hud, but would be great if we can have this feature in it in the future :D
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • So, after the event, it was the first time that other people tried the game in front of me.

The good news is that... it worked! No major bugs, the game run smoothly, and it was a big relief for me.

I have some question/suggestions for what I saw people wanted:

16) just a small bug here for reuse skill text code, when a skill is not available (due to range or no target etc.) and you press the shortcut, the countdown starts even though the skill is not executed.

18) Some experienced RPG players indeed tried to see the change of status values in the weapon/armor tooltip.

20) Everyone as a first instinct searched for an X button to close the menu screens before I point to them to "just press escape".

21) I see that a raycast on battle ranges already implemented for the next version which is beautiful!

22) Highlight of the nearest interaction available (pickup/harvest etc.)
  • 16) Will look into that.

18) Well, that's how it is currently :D

20) You can somewhat set up the Cancel button to work like that.

21) Yep :)

22) Hm, you could probably do that with the event system, using trigger enter/exit start types to highlight and stop highlighting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2017
    23) Any way to disappear drops on the ground over time ?

24) How can I have the same enemy names without the A,B, C etc? To just have the same name.

25) I use some variable on a boss that spawns, so when its killed the gate opens and I can leave the dungeon. All works fine but then I use a remove variable after event, so when I enter the dungeon again to have the same conditions (still have to kill the boss).

I used all value types on remove not just the one in the photo, can you point my mistake here?
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 23) I don't think that's currently possible.

24) That's handled by the Enemy Counter setting in Battle System > Battle Settings.

25) Your boss battle/spawner is probably using a scene ID, which will mark the battle as finished and prevent it from spawning again. Either turn that off, or change the scene ID of it in the event using a Change Scene ID node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    23) should I hope for it? :D

25) scene ID is off, keep in mind that I don't change scenes when entering the dungeon, is in the same scene. Still having this problem.

When I get in the dungeon for the 1st time, I can't interact with the event, only when I kill the boss, which is the desired goal. At the 2nd time, I have the interaction available without killing the boss, but cannot run the event either after killing it or before, but the interaction is available before even killing the boss, which it shouldn't.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Ah, just saw the wrong setup - in the event interaction's Set After Event, you need to use the Value value type :)
  • edited November 2017
    23) I found a Clear Battle Gains Node, but can't find how would it work on Real Time battles. Just saying maybe it will remind you something :)

25) Yeap I had Value value type too, I was just tried variable at the time I got the photo.

anyway I fixed it, let me explain what I was doing, I had disabled the object that carried the event, and I was activating when I entered the dungeon (for some different style dungeons I am using) so I was again deactivating from inside the event when exiting, and it didn't have time to remove the variable because of that. I will find another method to do that now so all good thank you :)
    edit: yeap I guess thats why deactivate after event option, exists in event interactions :D all good

26) Could the enemy drop the loot before the death event finishes? tried calculate before the wait time but it didnt work. trying to have a faster pace real time combat, with enemies stay for some seconds in the ground, but the loot to be dropped faster.

27) So now I think I got a bug, or I m plain stupid after trying for 4 hours :P

So all work good and I setup a new variable to not spawn the boss again (respawn setting is active with 5" respawn time) until I re-enter the dungeon. The first time I enter the dungeon it spawn the boss normally, using a variable event for the first time until the exit dungeon event takes over.

The variable condition is simple, it has bossKilled Is Valid not selected (bool type) and when the when I leave the dungeon I have on my set after event to have BossKill Is Valid not selected. Everything works fine if I don't have a variable condition on the combatant spawner, but it respawns even if I m not out and back in dungeon.

Tried changing respawn times, and many other stuff like using a variable event repeat event and staying in dungeon, the event works because it sets the bossKilled to not valid and the gate closes and can't get out, as it should, which it seemed that everything is ok with the variables. it just doesnt respawn the enemy when using variable conditions

Combatant spawner:

Exit from dungeon event:

Sorry for all these questions, but I m getting there :D
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 23) That node is just for the battle gains that are still held by the system. Your drops are already 'used', so they're not affected by this.

26) I'll look into that.

27) The combatant spawner doesn't respawn because the variable condition prevents that. There are no further checks after that - combatant died, respawn denied :)
    The spawner would only do that again the next time the scene is loaded, or you manually spawn it using a Start Combatant Spanwer node.
  • 28) Opening some chests (item collectors) have the Block Control enabled, but while I am choosing the items to collect, that left mouse button (which is the base attack) also attacks, I guess I need block control maps and I tried to have a Start Game Event with blocking Control Maps but again as I understand it, it doesnt work because the event ends after the chest opens. Any way to control that?
  • 28) When is that happening, in the field or in battle?
  • edited November 2017
    28) both, I have a battle full scene, I'm ok in menus because they have the block control maps.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Well, the control map only reacts to blocked controls when in the field (i.e. no battle going on), as otherwise it'd not be useable in battles with blocked player controls ...

Will add an option to block control maps to the item collector :)
  • Thank you! :D
  • edited November 2017
    Or better just block control maps alongside controls in item collectors, as it should be :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on