edited November 2017 in ORK Support
Hi, I bought some assets for my game, some scenes, and some creatures, but I dislike that because anyone can just do that and copy my game, however nice it looks to me. I was wondering, does anyone know if I can find just plain models of creatures and humans in an rpg style, that I can build skins for and animate?

Any ideas greatly appreciated. I realized, yes I made 60% of a nice looking game, but I can't afford to buy anything else and it is not original anyway, however hard it was to make. Thank you.

edit: I am now searching for "environment generators" on unity asset store. I found this. I need one to make desert and winter scenes, and caves. other than that, I think I am good for the environment.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/42618

WOW this one has desert and winter!! https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/54631

I wish i had seen this before I bought the nature packs!! Which one is better? should i use both?

ok found a weather generator. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2714

now I just need character models and buildings. I have the building I need. I just need characters, Any ideas anyone please?
Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • For textures, grass/plants etc. are easy to make them look unique, you can change the tint and size which makes them feel custom. For enemies, you can also customize bought assets, and I have enemies that bought from asset store, and I maybe had 1 ppl realize that of all the ones that played the game.

Again you can use enemy models with PBR textures, alternate their color size etc. and make them feel yours. When your game gets funded, either by a release or from someone, you can buy custom models from ppl that will make them just for you.

But keep in mind, a 3d rigged model with animations can cost 1k-4k $ related to the quality so don't get the "my game not feels unique" and keep making your game with what you have, make interesting mechanics and good styles and get worried about custom 3D in the future
  • ok GREAT dlevel awesome advice . I will try to change the models. How do I change the tint and size or things on a creature model bought from the asset store please? To make it more unique?
  • edited November 2017
    size is easy, just change the scale of the model, and you can go through the models hierarchy and play with the scale of some parts, bigger head, smaller hands etc. For the color find the PBR shaders/textures and you can then change the colors

The important aspect about "graphics" in your game, is in the world, you can play with camera effects and grass textures and completely change the feeling of the world.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Great! Thank you dlevel! i am going to simplify my game to just pay for the gaia asset, and then maybe some castles and a cave and dungeon. Then get a creatures pack. and just accept that the creatures and dungeon will be from the store, but my terrains will be unique. Take care!
  • Got the cost down to $1310, to buy assets, but , I had to leave out things like the jungle zone, and weather effects, but the main things are there. Going to take me a long time to save up that but I will. and Boom, I'll publish. I really have to focus on making what I do have right now better, because if the gameplay in one single zone is bad, multiplying them, is pretty much useless. Thinking of things to add. maybe harvesting for reward, but I don't have gear in my game. too complicated with the calculations.