• @SK1
    Event View
    1) You can already drag multiple nodes by holding down shift while dragging. This'll drag the selected node and all following nodes.
    2) Will look into that.

ORK:
    1) You can do math by either using a formula, or by using the Operator setting in the Change Game Variables node. E.g. adding variable B to variable A would use the Add operator and variable B as value to store in variable A.
    2) Can you specify what exactly you're looking for? There are already control component nodes in ORK available. You can also start a Makinom schematic from an ORK event with the Makinom Machine node if you've got the ORK-Makinom Connection plugin in your project.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    1. I have configured the ORK-Makinom Connection plugin but will not be able to use it and request a tutorial example of ORK-Makinom.
  • edited November 2017
    I will sum up my ORK Feature Requests here :)

1) Quest Updating Tasks. For example when it needs 10 wood and I have 8/10, to be able to see them in a HUD, and update when I get 9/10 etc.

2) Change Selected Equipment Name Node. So If I have mithril sword and I enchant it, to be able to have mithril sword +1, then +2 etc. More of an addition to the current name

3) Interrupted Events system. I don't know how easy that would be, but I drop it here. To have an event Interruption system that I guess would go on the start of the event ( to have an option for event is interruptable I guess), and check for damage or other factors to interrupt the event. for example, when you cut a tree and the enemy damages you to stop the event.

4) Sound when detected by enemy

5) Tooltip -> Equipment comparison. So you can have a rough comparison inside the tooltip when seeing a weapon or armor, with the currently equipped one.

6) Disappear drops over x amount of time. The map is getting full after a while with drops not picked up and cause performance issues.

7) Drop Loot before death event finish, I guess a node would be work wonders here. So we can have the enemy stay for 10-20" in the ground dead, but not have to wait for the loot to drop.

8) Out of range show dialogue, when you cannot cast an ability due to being out of range

9) Could We have a node to set Move AI waypoint to start position? So when NPC finishes what I have sent it to do, to come back in his start position by an event (when the players want it). I see that with the new Start AI Position we can have the player position, maybe is possible already? What I miss is to to make the NPC stop whatever he does and comes back to start position
    B) Is it possible to start random patrol when reaching a specific waypoint via the event system? I see the random patrol option but this is overridden by waypoints, I need to have waypoints up to a point and then random patrol from there.

10) Raycast based targeting. Change target based on a raycast from the player (the nearest)

Don't ban me GIL :P
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • SK1SK1
    edited November 2017
    @gamingislove
    Request development of a plug-in that supports Game Kit Controller
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40995
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • Hello :D

I'd like to make a request.

Option to have a Formula-based Chance (%) and Quantity of item drops and currency.

(Rather than only being able to adjust from 0 -100 %)

• Unless I've missed it in any update notes, which is totally possible:

- A method to export/import Dialogue strings from events/the project to an editable file. This is mostly for when I plan to port for other languages; there's no good way for me to get a big list of all the dialogue to send to a translator (aside from manually copy/pasting everything!)
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • It's possible to make ORK compatible to UWP?
  • GiL, can you add an option to have the Interaction Controller check line of sight when determining a valid Interaction?

Individual Interactions could then have a "Require Line of Sight" setting. Maybe with a Field of View to use for those checks.

If you wanted to get advanced, the IC could also allow you to specify the transform on the character to raycast from, but that's not necessary.

I first noticed this a while back when I set up a light switch on an interior wall (next to the door), but the interaction prompt would appear when my character was outside the building but the switch was within the trigger volume.

• It would be nice to have a field for Grid cells, to specify different prefab to appear in editor.
    This is for example when you want the grid to appear normal in the game, but want to be able to tell apart the grid types inside editor. (Trapped cells, Different terrain, Deployment cells etc).
    This became issue for me when I accidentally painted wrong cells with a brush and could not see this.
  • I second hellwalker's request; I've run into this as well.
  • @hellwalker
    That's a pretty great idea - will be in the next update :)

@Keldryn
    Will look into LoS for interactions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome!

I was thinking about how to use Grid AI to create interesting tactical combat and one thing that would be really helpful I think is if we could have a few actions for grid cells. Like for example

#1) Search for specific Grid Cells and order AI to go to them. Cell could be searched by Cell Type, and perhaps Cell could have additional metadata attached to it like Importance/Priority.
    This can be used to force AI to find cover, To force Archer to go to higher ground, to have enemy swarm and close off choke points.
    #2) Ability to setup more grid cell avoidance rules, preferably with conditional checks. Like for example if enemy has high spot skill, they will avoid trapped cells, Everyone would avoid Lava but Lava monsters will walk through it etc.

I think a lot of cool stuff can be done with these two functions.

And as a small, specific case feature:

#3) Which cell to target around enemy, when enemy target is designated and AI walks towards it. This can be used for example to position enemies to do Backstabs.

• A dozen AI articles and Videos later :D :D
    This is probably a complex one
    #4) Get a list of grid cells towards which selected combatant list units don't have line of sight to. In short Grid cells selected enemies can't attack.

Line of sight object could be a separate property, where you can define X/Y/Z Scale of the object to check LOS for.
    For example you could define:
    "Full Cover" as 1,2,1 scale units to represent standing enemy.
    "Half Cover" as 1,1,1 scale units to represent crouching enemy.

And that scale could be used to place a 1,2,1 scale box collider on a grid cell and see if any combatants have Line of Sight towards it.

Probably also it would need some way to limit searched cell.
    One way could be to either define movement Range, "Search in 3 grid cell radius" or to select Remaining move range. So it would search as far as unit can possibly go.

One useful addition would also be a check box on whether to search in radius around Unit (360 degrees) or only in front of Unit.

So final result could be "Search for "Half Cover" in radius of "3 squares" in front of me that group of "Enemies, of Ranged Type" don't have line of sight too.

If these could further be combined with filtering out grid cell selection based on Type. Man, we would be halfway to working cover system.
  • I posted this in another thread but will post here too for archival purposes: Would be nice to have proper bitmap font support. The way to scale them is different than dynamic fonts (you have to scale the actual sprite object, instead of using the font size option).
  • edited December 2017
    Spawn Point Place On Ground Settings: can we get 'Y Offset' field that offsets the spawn point after it has determined where the ground is?

EDIT: Oh ho; of course, I could just use Spawn Offsets in Editor > Combatants! I'll use that instead. :)
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames