• yeap sounds more handy
  • edited November 2017
    Something weird is happening with Move AI, I use the Set Move AI new node that I asked a while back, to have an NPC roam around the map, and it works fine, the problem is that the NPC stops when is away from 80 meters from the player....

edit: an old setting in battle settings (Move AI range) did the trick.

29) A) Could We have a node to set Move AI waypoint to start position? So when NPC finishes what I have sent it to do, to come back in his start position by an event (when the players want it). I see that with the new Start AI Position we can have the player position, maybe is possible already? What I miss is to to make the NPC stop whatever he does and comes back to start position
    B) Is it possible to start random patrol when reaching a specific waypoint via the event system? I see the random patrol option but this is overridden by waypoints, I need to have waypoints up to a point and then random patrol from there.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 29) Will look into those.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    30) Is there any way to start an event interaction component when the object it is attached to activates? Autostart doesn't seem to work.

As an alternative, I tried to have a script with OnEnable run a global event with ORK.GlobalEvents.CallGlobalEvent(29, null); (to run the 29 id global event) but again doesn't seem to work, this is my simple script:

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using ORKFramework;

public class setGrassDens : MonoBehaviour {

// Use this for initialization
    void Start () {

}

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update () {

}

void OnEnable () {
    ORK.GlobalEvents.CallGlobalEvent(29, null);
    }
    }

also tried OnAwake and OnStart

31) how can I add main menu buttons to load other scenes? I ve seen the new custom menu, but it has start function and not other scenes like in New Game
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 30) Autostart is definitely triggered when an event object is activated (being deactive).

31) Main menu as in main menu scene or in-game menu?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    30) ok will try again, as for the script? does it look ok to call global events?
    31) Main Menu Scene, Is there any way to have another button than New Game that runs another start event
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 30) Looks correct.

31) There's the Custom Choice Settings in the main menu settings for that. It can call a function of a component (or a static function) to do custom functionality. You can't directly start a game event, though.
  • edited November 2017
    32) Trying to implement Is In Range node and use the ability's range, but I cannot understand how it works because If you are not in range you cannot cast the ability, so the event doesn't starts so you can't get the failed Range Node state. If you go without using a range in the ability that will have ability seem available all the time (not masked/blured on shortcut bar).
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited November 2017
    32) Well, the node is for checking the range while performing the ability.
    E.g. if your battle event does some animations or other tasks that allow time to pass, the target might have moved out of range. The node allows you to check that, or do other things.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited November 2017
    33) An old problem appeared, when using Check Orientation, if Auto Targets is disabled i get the battle menu up (well i have disabled it but it opens hidden and I cannot move until I press cancel. Now the Auto Targets fixed this issue some months ago but now I realised that with Auto Targets on, when I m out of range of the target and press an ability, it does nothing (as it shouldnt) but when I come in range, it auto attacks the ability I had pressed when out of range. Is it possible to have Auto Targets not auto cast when it comes in range?

edit: fixed part of the problem, when the Auto Targets was disabled and I had Check Orientation on, and not meet the requirements of the orientation, the battle menu was called (hidden) and I couldn't move. It seems that In the Phase Battle settings, Auto call menu was enabled all this time, and even though I use real-time battles only, it still called the battle menu of the Phase Battles.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Hm ... strange, I'll investigate.
  • edited November 2017
    Well, this is strange and cannot solve it, this happens when check orientation is on and I do not meet the orientation requirements a hidden (disabled) Battle menu opens and stops my battle until I press escape.

this is the hidden-deactivated menu that opens:

If I use Auto Targets on the ability, then if the orientation requirements not met, the deactivated menu doesn't appear but the skill cooldown starts like the skill executed, without the skill being executed (event didn't run)

edit: found the old post that I had the same problem http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/3455/targeting-in-real-time-battles

as you said you fixed that "ORK 2.8.0 added the Auto Target Only setting to control maps and Shortcut HUD elements when enabling Use Auto Target. This setting makes sure that auto targeting is only used for abilities/items that have auto-targeting enabled in their settings."

And this is how I used it after 2.8.0, but the problem now is that when using the Auto Targets on abilities, the ability executes(countdown text code starts so you can't use it until it finishes the reuse cooldown) even when the orientation needs not met, but the event does not execute (correctly) and executes when the needs are met by itself. That happens also when out of range, you have the ability executes automatically when you get in range, even after a lot of time.

I will go with full Event System for my skills to have out of range etc. dialogues and have better control of it, the only thing I can't do right now which is not something big, is that all skills seem enabled and ready to use on shortcut bar (having use range disabled and controlled by the event).
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Could you send me a small Unity test project with that setup? This involves a lot of settings that could influence this :)
  • Sure, will prepare one and send it to you.
  • 20) About the X to close windows you said: "You can somewhat set up the Cancel button to work like that." Could you guide me how to do that? For example how can I have an X button on the inventory, should I add a Back button on the inventory menu screen and place it upper right?