• Hi everyone,

I'm making a character creation screen lately, so I've set it up to use the built in status upgrades feature. I set my status values to none, set up some level up cost, made a menu screen and bound it to a key just to test. But whenever I try to open it, I get this red error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.StatusValueUpgradeMenuPart.CreateChoices ()
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.StatusValueUpgradeMenuPart.ShowUpgrades ()
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.StatusValueUpgradeMenuPart.Show ()
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.StatusValueUpgradeMenuPart.Show (ORKFramework.Menu.MenuScreen s)
    ORKFramework.Menu.MenuScreen.FinishOpening ()
    ORKFramework.Menu.MenuScreen.Show ()
    ORKFramework.Menu.MenuScreen.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.MenuHandler.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()

Show not upgradeable is not checked, so I have no idea. Anyone ran into this?
  • Is your combatant set up to use status development?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My combatant was using the wrong status development, thanks GIL!
  • Still an error, will be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It worked when I picked the status development where there was status upgrades enabled.

Anyway I ran into a different issue which I'm sure interest many ppl here. I'm trying to make a knockback ability in grid battle. So I did what this guy in this thread did: http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/3674/moving-a-combatant-with-an-ability-in-a-grid-battle/p1

I can successfully knock back a target combatant to a nearby cell, but the problem is I can't find a way to knock back to the cell behind them. . All I can do is, using the search object node, find a cell within a certain radius from the target combatant, which can by anywhere.

So has anyone figured out a way to do this within ORK?
  • There've been new additions since that thread - you can use the Store Grid Cells node to get cells e.g. based on a battle range template, custom grid shape or path to another combatant/object.

To get the cell behind a combatant, you'd best use a Mask grid shape that uses the cell behind the origin cell.
  • Thanks GIL, that worked!
  • edited December 2017
    Hi GIL,

I'm trying to fix something with the grid movement event in real time/action time battle.
    Here's a pic:

https://imgur.com/a/af1VU

I'm trying to move my white pants where the arrow is pointing, but I can't because the enemy has selected that grid cell for its move, even if they're not there yet. It doesn't make sense because the enemy hasn't reached that cell yet, I should be able to move onto it.

So I looked at the grid battle event, and I looked at the settings, but I can't find what exactly causes the target cell to be occupied in advance. I turned off the set grid cell combatant node, the grid cell event node move over and move to, but it still occupies that cell.

I'd like to be able to move to that cell, then have the move event of the enemy realizes it's now occupied, then move to a nearby cell instead or stop. How can I do that?
    Post edited by UserName on
  • That's currently not possible. The move command blocks the target cell, so that others can't move on it.
  • edited December 2017
    Ah I see. Is there a simple way I can disable that via script?

If not, what if I stop using the grid move command, and instead make it an ability using the same battle event, so when I click on a cell it doesn't block it, but it still moves to it? Could that work?
    Post edited by UserName on
  • Yeah, that could work, e.g. using the Store Grid Cells node.
    Disabling this via scripting is also possible, you'd have to remove setting MarkedForCombatant of the target cell in the GridPath class.

I'll look into making this optional in the next update - but you'd still have to do the check if the cell is occupied and stop movement in the battle event used to do the actual movement.
  • Yes thought so, that will work, thanks GIL!
  • Marking the target cell for the user will be optional in the next update :)
  • Awesome, thanks GIL!
  • Hi GIL,

I'm trying to do operations with status values of the player group, just like those for selected data with multi value use options: https://i.imgur.com/hkcvmT0.png

For instance, I need to do the total charisma of the party by adding all the charisma status values together to put it in a formula for checks. But I can't figure out how to do this. I can select all combatants of the party with a select combatant node, but then I can't extract their status values. Is there a way to do this, if not, maybe with Makinom + ork?