• That's only an option for non-choice dialogues, i.e. not in menu screens or anything like this.
    There's the option of using a Button List menu part instead ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    34) just to clarify, I ve seen the Add Combatant component, can this be used for animals for example? so I can have 1 combatant setup to act like a peaceful animal and put it in different prefabs so I don't have to make all animals a different combatant. Do I understand that correctly?

35) is there any way to have an event while Use Cast Time is enabled? So I can have an animation or something and not only the Cast Bar. Another way would be to have a Use Cast Time node so I can start this at an event.

36) Could you think a way to have an ability icon enabled when I use an ability which stays up for some time? That would work for buff/debuff type of abilities, that are stay active for x amount of time.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 34) Yes, you can use it to add a combatant to any game object you want :)

35) There's the Action Cast Idle Type setting available in Base/Control > Animation Types to have a different idle animation while casting, but there's no event being started when casting an ability.

36) You're describing status effects - which can be displayed using HUDs.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    34) Perfect

35) Perfect!

36) PERFECT!!! :)

p.s sent you an e-mail with a small project with the Real Time Target problems
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 36) Small additional information here: You can use an ability to toggle on/off a status effect using the Toggle change in the effect cast settings of the ability :)
  • edited November 2017
    37) Something weird happens that didnt noticed before. In inventory, if I have an HP Potion for example, and use it inside inventory, I cannot reuse it until I first press something else (tab or other potion). That happens also in an Enchant scroll I have that cannot be reused until I change tabs, or close/open inventory again. I use reuse delay of 1", also on the enchant scroll I have reset combatant status. Enable clicking is disabled, and default action is use (so I use whatever I click which works fine and not have to drag it to combatant, being first person), dragging and tooltip is enabled, and drag inactive disabled.

Tried both Remember and not Remember selection, but that doesnt do anthing I guess because the menu is not closing in between. Mouse over selection is not blocked.

Also in inventory items, if I have a Show Dialogue in the event of a usable item (are you sure you want to use this item, accept/cancel choices), and I have it in my shortcut bar and use it, it asks the question but not let me click it (inventory is closed because I use it from my shortcut bar).
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited November 2017
    37) If your inventory menu's Animate Use setting is enabled, using an item will be animated using an action (i.e. the battle events) and apply the delays. If the menu screen also pauses the game, the action will not progress (e.g. if there's any wait or time in the event) and reuse/delay times will not count down.
    If the menu screen doesn't animate using stuff, it'll just use the item calculations without an event and not apply reuse/delay times.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited November 2017
    37) I use animate use, and I use battle events to animate and calculate. I have a dialogue in the event that asks if I want to enchant, if it doesn't succeed everything works fine, if it succeeds and the selected data (weapon) enchants then I can't press anything else on the inventory until I close it and then open it, or use the Tabs first to "reset" the inventory so to speak. Keep in mind I use a reset combatant status at the end of this Enchant Scroll event, to have the results in weapon showing if I have character menu open.

My Inventory menu screen doesn't use pause game, also if for example I use an HP potion, and while I m at inventory an MP potion or again navigate through the tabs, I can reuse HP potion.

edit: disabling reuse fixes all the problems! But again, I have no pause on inventory screen, shouldn't work with reuse also? Searching for a universal menu pause I guess? :D

btw, any way to not have first item selected when I open my inventory? always the first item marked as seen (Mark New content) when I open the inventory

Post edited by dlevel on
  • 37) All the battle related times (e.g. reuse, delay or time based status effects) will not progress when the game is paused or the player control is blocked (outside of battle). If your menu screen blocks the controls, that's why :)

That's a no regarding the first item being selected. You could add a back button as the first item in the list to prevent that, tough.
  • 37) Yeap, thats it, block controls also pauses the game. Will try to find a workaround on this
  • edited December 2017
    38) Is it possible to Blink HUD on Individual targets?
    39) Regarding this discussion here http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/4434/save-load-design-and-exploits/, @Scyra had a great idea about 1 slot per character save, is that currently possible with ORK?
    40) It seems that Change Position Node when used with Controller move (without Target) the Secure Time seems not to work. Trying to have a simple teleport ability, that I go 20 meters forward fast, if I don't use Controller Move I can go through walls etc. I tried with or without Stop At Target (just in case), with or without Apply Gravity etc. with no luck, if i have an obstacle, the player stucks and not stopping using Secure Time. Also tried with blocked controls and maps just in case

https://postimg.org/image/6tden0lzp/
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 38) You mean for group/individual targeting? I don't think that's possible - HUD blinking is only during actual target selection (e.g. selecting target for an ability).

39) Sure, set the Save Slots to 0 to only use the auto save slot (save game settings). You can also have multiple auto save slots and let the user select one to use when starting the game (main menu settings).
    Saving can also be handled completely out of the player's hand by using the event system or Save Points set up for auto saving.

40) Secure time is only used when the game object isn't moving for some time to let the system know it's stuck and continues with the event. Has nothing to do with checking distances or collision or anything like that.
    Without using controller move, it'll move the game object via transform, i.e. there's no collision at all.
  • edited December 2017
    40) That is what I mean, when it stucks in the wall it doesn't stop (continue event) it just stucks there (no move), that happens when I have not target to reach, just Z (forward) transform and using a controller (so it doesnt move through walls).
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 40) Did a quick test with your settings on my end and it worked fine. My best guess is that it's still moving a little bit - I can look into it if you send me a small test project where this is happening.
  • edited December 2017
    40) Yeap thats my first guess, tried to block player controls but didnt help, will prepare a small demo.

41) Is it possible to have a tooltip for ingredients in Recipe layouts?
    Post edited by dlevel on