ORK 2.14.2 is here: release notes

This time there are a lot of smaller new features included, beside udpates to shops, menu screens and HUDs, there is a new global volume and you can use game events upon equipping or unequipping a weapon/armor!

The update is available for both Unity 5.6+ and Unity 2017.1+.
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2017
    Thank you for squeezing in my yesterday's request regarding the Block Battle menus!!!
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • @dlevel . The guy is just owsome . Please lets try and support him as much as we can.
  • I agree, will try to increase my pledge on Patreon to early access once I'm able, not for the early releases by for the extra support!
  • Two of my Patreon pledges closed their accounts this week so I just moved the pledges to ORK. I think it's far more worth it and his output is a LOT more consistent than many Patreons I've pledged in the past.

As I just stated in another post, the Compass Navigator Pro plugin he made available on Patreon is pretty awesome and the ORK beta builds are great too.
  • edited December 2017
    you can use game events upon equipping or unequipping a weapon/armor!
    I remember looong ago I once asked you if it was possible to do it and you said it wasn't. Finally it's here. Hallelujah! Hahh.
    Patience sure is a virture. Thanks for the hard work.

And yeah, even though I might not use the plugins for both the Compass and Ultimate Survival Plugin yet, I sure appreciate you creating support for those. I'm curious, GiL, did someone commission you to do it, or you just want to do it out of the blue? :)
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • @Shadow_Fire "you can use game events upon equipping or unequipping a weapon/armor!" I want to try this but I've looked around and couldn't find where to set those up. Do you know?
  • Yeah, it's in your weapon section. In your weapon, go to Level Settings, and it should be right under.
    Equip Game Event
    Unequip Game Event
  • @Shadow_Fire
    Yes, both plugins where commissioned.
    The equip game events where also commissioned, you'll have to thank @Bantichai for that one :)

Patreon supporters already know this, but there's also an upcoming Corgi Engine plugin I'll be working on this week!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ohh, as always, it's the one and only Bantichai. Thanks very much, man!
  • thanks shadow fire and @Bantichai !
  • No worries guys, thanks for supporting GIL on patreon as it rolls over onto me (positively). I have some more updates in the work for ORK, most of them are catered towards grid combat but some are for general purposes, IE those equipment nodes.
  • Hi GiL,

do you have any news for ORK 2.14.3? And will it be compatible with Unity 2017.2? We would like to update due to annoying bug on Unity 2017.1.x

thanks for info,

Machal
  • @Machal The issue with 2017.2x is on Unity's end; not ORK's, unfortunately.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/guilayout-dot-selectiongrid-clears-focus-from-other-controls-if-input-content-array-changes

The fix is currently 'in review', whatever that means. So hopefully we can get it fixed for 2017.3.1...
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb I'm having different issues with 2017.1.2 that are fixed in 2017.2. I don't have any problems with string input fields :)
  • ORK 2.14.3 will be out later this week (unless I run into some major issues :D).

2017.2 and 2017.3 are already supported, but as @Kirb mentioned, there's a Unity bug with some text fields - the Name fields for the first defined language of each data set (e.g. items) to be precise. Hopefully they'll fix this issue soon.