Hey guys! Late in the Game Tutorial there are a couple places where you can get trapped in menus because you don't use the menu key to enter them. So when you are setting up your Crafting Menu and your Scan Scroll, make sure you add a way to get out of them other than 2nd call closes, because there might not have been a first call.

For the Crafting Menu: Menus>Menu Screens>Crafting. Enable the "Use Close Key" checkbox and set the "Close Input Key" field to Either Menu or Cancel, whichever gives greater control continuity for your game.

For the Scan Scroll: Having the Bestiary Menu set to Use Close Key does not help here, because the scroll does not call the menu, it runs an event. Open your Scan Event and make sure the "Bestiary Dialogue" node has the "Use Cancel Button" checkbox activated.

Additionally:
My playtester was getting confused by how the Save Menu popup (save, load, cancel) looked almost identical to the save confirmation popup (save, cancel) so I changed the text of the buttons on the second popup to "Confirm Save" and "Go Back" respectively on the second menu, because players getting lost in menu loops is no fun. The clarification helped him.

Edit: Make sure you enable Combatants>Combatants>Blue Pants>AI Movement Settings "Battle Move AI" checkbox or he doesn't seem to follow you in the huge real time battle arena.
Post edited by Megami on
  • edited December 2017
    You can always get out of menus using the Cancel input key.

Additionally to name the buttons differently in save menus, you can also use different GUI boxes for them, and add messages to be displayed above the choices :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh thanks! My playtesters aren't used to there being a cancel key when not using a controller, so that never occurred to us...
  • You can also add back buttons to all menus.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!