edited December 2017 in ORK Support

I've run into an issue where if I press the cancel button while selecting a combatant to view their status, it closes the whole menu instead of returning to the menu selections as expected.

My menu uses a close screen input key so that I'm able to close the main menu with either the cancel or the menu button, so I need to somehow work around this. Any ideas? Thanks!
Post edited by braytendo on
  • edited December 2017
    Oh, also, is there any way to show my pointer hand over the status selection (but faded out or something) while in the combatant menu part to indicate which menu item I'm selecting from? That way the player would visually know if they were selecting a combatant to see their status or change equipment, etc.
    Post edited by braytendo on
  • If you've set up a close screen input using the cancel key, the cancel key will exit from the menu from every part - that's why it's available in the first place.

However, the cancel key will also close the menu in any case when you're in the first part/box (e.g. the button list), so setting it up as a close screen key wouldn't be needed for that.

For the choice icon, there's the Show Unfocused option to also show it when the GUI box isn't focused (e.g. for the button list when selecting a combatant).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's understandable, but then how else could I make it possible to close the menu with both the Menu button and Cancel button without using a close screen input?

I'm just trying to make it feel as true to PS1 RPGs as I can, and I remember you could close the menu with either "circle" or "triangle"...but when you were selecting a combatant, "circle" would just take you back off of the combatant select screen instead of closing everything.
  • As I said - cancel can always be used to get out of a menu screen, regardless of the call or close keys. When you're in the first part/box of the screen and use the cancel key, the menu will be closed.

The PS1 RPG menu behaviour you've explained is exactly how this works in ORK :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OOOOOOooooooh. Wow, that took me a bit to understand. So I can just set the menu button as my close screen input and cancel will also do that anyway. haha, thanks for clarifying.
  • When using 2nd call closes the menu button should already close the menu without setting it up as a closing key (unless the requirements would prevent it).