@GIL I'm trying to set a poison trap and call the damage function in Opsive TPC. How do I do this? Thanks
  • edited January 2018
    If you're using damage dealers as traps (like in this gameplay tutorial) or just a game event (e.g. started by trigger enter), you can e.g. use a Call Function node to do this.

Depending on Opsive's functionality, you might need a wrapper function between that (i.e. a function that ORK can call, which calls Opsive's functionality with needed settings).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok cool I believe I'll be able to do this because I'll be making my own Opsive wrappers. To use the call function game event, do I need to specify the class and namespace ? Also, if I want my player to enter a trap but have it affect an NPC then how to let the event know which game object to reference? I have the same health script for my player and enemies
  • Also @GIL, would that wrappers need to be Ork specific or would my Opsive wrapper work?
  • Depends on the wrapper and how it's used :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So it'll be a wrapper which inverits the Opsive Health.Damage function
  • As long as the function uses parameters that are supported by ORK (e.g. int or float value for the damage) that shouldn't be a problem.
  • Nice!!!!!