• add.

I want you to be able to search which ORK event or ORK - Editor page the call function and variable issued from the ORK are referenced.
    search references.
  • @gamingislove

Speaking of custom nodes, will there any changes or improvements to help implementing game logic and such? Would my Achievement plugin still work with ORK3?
  • I'm in the same boat as ermzzz. I like the product, but there are just some limitations that makes it hard for me to mess with. Since Ork3 sounds like it's a bit more open... maybe, maybe that'll help me with changing aspects to how I want it.

So it'd be nice to have a discount. I can understand if that doesn't happen though.

Will new tutorials be out for it? Or updated?
  • @Raiulyn
    You'd have to change your scripts to Makinom's schematic nodes. They work similar to ORK's nodes.

@ermzzz @Kale
    I haven't decided on a discount yet.
    There'll be new tutorials for ORK 3.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2018
    Happy Birthday! : ) If there is a charge for ORK 3, I'm onboard. The development since ORK I -- don't even remember what it was called when I first got it---has been awesome and so reliable and the support has been stunning and so reliable. You can't ask for more.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • This is very exciting to read! I'm really glad that projects will be somewhat compatible. Depending on the stage I'm on my project and the new features, I'll be really glad to purchase Ork 3!
  • I just thought of one big feature I'd like ORK 3 to have, if possible: support for exporting/importing text for localisation. That's the only major thing I think ORK is missing to make it absolutely perfect.
  • Here's a random question... Nottorus. If, as some are speculating, it gets picked up by Unity. (We'll probably find out in April.) Is there a chance, you'll support it as much as Makinom?

I haven't tried Makinom, to be honest. The reason being is I do do programming, even if I can't say I'm great at it. And going full blueprint/visual scripting makes me think it'll limit me in that aspect. Also one big reason I find it hard for me to even try to pick up Unreal, among other things.

Nottorus is almost like a bridge to that. Too bad it doesn't work in reverse.

Also, any chance you'll release beta versions so we can have a look before official release?
  • One major thing that would be nice to see in ORK 3 would be some kind of way to tie custom data to Combatants/Items/Abilities etc. For example custom development system, or unique game-play associated info data.

I'm not sure what would be best way to implement this. One idea that comes to mind is if there was a generic class that custom script could be interfaced to or inherited from when making a plugin. (Kind of like Ishortcut class)

Each of the major ORK entities (Combatant/Items/Abilities/StatusValues etc.), would have a list of this custom data shortcuts that plugins could register their instance with.

The plugin custom data shortcut would be responsible for wrapping their public variables and settings to work with ORK Editor, and ORK editor could display this list of custom settings at the end of Entity page.

I hope this all makes sense and is possible in theory :D
    The end result would be ability to bind the custom data to entities without overwriting the source code.

I guess this would also create a need for more callback functions for common functions in the Entity code.
  • it would be so great if in ORK 3 there was a bridge with one of the main controller (tpc, ooti or invector) even if it costs more. This will add a lot to ORK
  • edited July 2018
    A full 2D support would be nice for Ork 3 with a custom controller, demo and all. A lot of people working in small teams can do a lot more with 2D rather than 3D.
    Post edited by Arnywar on
  • Hello,
    little question.
    Ork 3 will use the same principle as Makinom.
    Can we use "mini game" from makinom like dice game or card game ?
  • Yes, since Makinom's advanced schematic system will fully replace ORK's event system.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK, thanks. I learn makinom and prepare mini games and then put them in my future rpg.
    Checkers, dice's game...
    thx for your work!!
  • edited August 2018
    @gamingislove
    Text import and export for dialogues would be amazing to have!

Post edited by tribbles on