• Ok then how would you do it? I tried the search combatant node with a global object list, and I can't make it work either. I tried a select combatant node within the same event too.
  • Hm, actually, using a Leave Battle node (with Remove From Group disabled) should do what you want - removing the combatant from battle, but not removing it from the battle group.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That node is not available for game events, and since this is a cell event it only uses game events. But I found a workaround : the only way that worked was to use selected data within the same game event, and have all the combatants rejoin the battle group during the battle using requirements, just before ending it. So far it works! Thanks
  • I'll also allow using the Leave Battle node in game events in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GIL! That will simplify a lot of things!
  • Hi GIL,

I was wondering : how do you keep enemies combatants, with their current status values, so they're not destroyed after a battle when the player escaped it? The reason I'm asking is if the player escapes from an enemy, I want those enemy combatants who survived the battle after the escape to respawn at their original position before the fight, and continue chasing the player after a small time out.
  • When using a scene ID in your battle or combatant spawner, use the Set Battle Scene ID node to remove the battle's scene ID in the escape battle end event.
    For spawned enemies (from a combatant spawner) to remain, just don't destroy them in the battle end event :)
  • edited February 2018
    Thanks for the answer, it works almost perfect. There is one issue though :

If I kill one of the enemies during battle and i escape, then I fight the same group again, the enemy combatant prefab that I killed is still there, but he can't be targeted and he does nothing.

Pretty sure this is because I don't destroy enemy combatants in the escape event, so I tried to fix it by adding a "destroy object" node in the death event of combatants, which works during battle, but once I escape and I come back, the prefab comes back.
    Post edited by UserName on
  • Well, the system wasn't really set up for that - when you come back, it's just a new enemy group in that battle ...
  • Ok I tried many things, and currently I'm able to make it work almost with the ''leave battle'' setting in the combatant. So when I return, the battle is where I left it exactly, with damaged HP, death combatants, etc.

The only problem is if I change the scene and I come back, it's all forgotten (so can't work with teleport battle). So I was wondering how hard would it be if I made a simple script that tells ORK to save the combatants instead of spawning new ones? I figured it wouldn't be too hard since it already knows how save player combatants?
  • Hm, are you using combatant spawners or the battle component for starting your battle?
  • I'm using a combatant spawner, so I thought it wouldn't be complicated if I called a function from my escape event, telling ORK : this battle was not finished, save all the enemy combatants with their status etc, and spawn those instead of a new group, what do you think?
  • Might be that teleport battles clear out the remembered combatants. I'll do some tests later this week.
  • Thanks GIL!
  • So I made some tests, what I discovered is this : if I put a combatant directly on the scene , then if I escape and remove the sceneID so the battle is not counted as victory, it works: when I change scene and come back to the same battle, it does remember everything. But if I use a combatant spawner or a battle event, it spawns new combatants every time, and it forgets stats and dead combatants.

I figured maybe I could only put combatants directly on the map, but the the thing is the combatant spawners have many useful options (like random groups).