Hi community, I've recently started using ORK after having it for a few years.

Firstly, I'm really enjoying the framework, it's very broad which allows for a lot of different options and is really easy to use.

I am following through the tutorial series beginning with the turn based battle system and have hit a road block. I am currently on section 19,20ish where the testing of the battle system begins.

When I enter into a battle the menus work fine and all is well. Whenever I give the player combatant an action to perform, the battle stops as if it is stuck in an infinite loop. I have checked over the formulas used and battle ai's and can't see anything different from the tutorial series. I have tested using the other test enemies and all have the same problem leading me to think it is on the battle system settings.

Anyway I have looked over it and searched as much as I could for the last few days and decided joining the community to seek help is the most efficient approach toward this.

Any help is appreciated and if you require further information just ask :)
  • Since you haven't yet set up battle events to animate the actions (tutorial 21 and following), the battle is probably over in an instant.

I'd recommend continuing with the tutorials for now.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the quick response. I will keep moving forward in the meantime. Currently on 22. Battle events 2. The tutorial implies that I should be able to see the attack animation now that it is set up but still getting stuck after giving the combatant a command, no animation and the battle seems to stop (idle animation still playing though). Not sure if that is still normal. I will finish the battle animation section to see if it all comes together at the end but will see how I go

Thanks again
    Regards
  • Hm, no, that shouldn't be normal - do you get any error messages in the Unity console?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry I had been away for a week.

I have one error that stands out, I have taken a quick picture on my phone. If it is difficult to see I can print screen and resend.

Please see attached image.
  • Not sure if image attached properly, here is the Image URL
    https://ibb.co/kLuOZR
  • edited February 2018
    Sounds like you're on an older version of ORK that had a bug, this should be fixed in ORK 2.14.2.
    If you don't want to update, you need to enable Use Attribute Changes in the status value changes of your abilities and items (e.g. user/target changes).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Late response, but I updated and it is working as expected. Thank you!