edited February 2018 in Makinom Support
Gil, do you know why this doesn't work?
In my scene there are 50 green boxes on the ground.
In my keypress schematic, in the setting node, I created an actor of type gameobject, with the search type of tag, find all, in range of 3.
I then added a material texture to make the actor brown and added a selected data node to add the actor into a global data.

The actor, in this case, the green boxes, are now brown after I press the key near them. This also added the boxes into the global selected data.
Since if I save the game and load it back in, all the boxes go back to being green, I have an auto schematic with a material texture node that will change the object of type selected data back to brown.
I thought this would make all the boxes that are in the global data brown again, but it's not working.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • That's pretty simple - selected data isn't saved in save games.

It'd probably be best if you use Object Variables on the green boxes and setting a variable when they should use a different material. An Auto Machine with the Start start type enabled can check the object variables of the box and change the material accordingly upon scene loads (or save game loads).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahh no wonder. I'll try that method, thanks gil.
  • edited February 2018
    Hmm I saved a gameobject into the selected data and created a repeated auto machine with the selected data count node to check if it's more than 0. Upon clicking the boxes, the success dialogue pops out saying it's more than zero.

I saved the game, load it back in, but the success dialogue still pops out.
    Since selected data isn't saved in a save game, do you know why the selected data count node is still greater than zero ?
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • edited February 2018
    Might be that loading in the running game doesn't clear the selected data, will check that.
    Also, the auto machine doesn't need to repeat, that'd just be for using the correct material on scene load. It's better to do this only when actively changing the material and on scene load instead of regularly doing this (performance).

Edit: Yep, selected data isn't cleared when loading, will fix that in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the tip!
    And thanks for the bug fixing.