I’m wondering if there is a way to implement a simple menu that would allow you to spend Stat Points on increasing stat values?
  • There's the Status Value Upgrade menu screen for that. The upgrades have to be defined in the Status Developments used by the combatant.

An alternative would be using a level up game event and do whatever custom stuff you want in it, e.g. selecting a status value via a choice dialogue.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I got the menu to work correctly now thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm now having problems with it not updating my formula for max hp and mp when you spend the points is there a way to setup an event to trigger the recalculation of the max hp after the menu closes or something along those lines?
  • Hm, changes to the status values should trigger that automatically. Try using a Reset Combatant Status node in the event.

If the menu screen is called from an event, just add the node after the menu screen node (in case it waits for the screen to close). Otherwise use a Close Game Event in the menu screen's settings.

If that doesn't help it might be something with your overall setup, how's the max HP and formula set up?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!