I am testing the results of tut 21. I go to the battle and attack. The particle starts then I get the exception. I can unpause the editor and the battle continues. I switched to use particles from Cartoon FX Pack by Jean Moreno (JMO) with the same result.
My first thought is that it looks like the deprecated ParticleEmitter is finally removed. I am about to switch from the Ork dll to source code to debug this.

This is the stack trace I get:

[Exception] MissingMethodException: void UnityEngine.ParticleEmitter.set_emit(bool)
EmitParticlesStep.Continue() :0

EmitParticlesStep.Execute()
:0

BattleEvent.ExecuteNextStep()

BaseEvent.StepFinished()

BaseEvent.Tick()

BaseAction.Tick()

BattleActionHandler.Tick()

Battle.Tick()

ORKCore.FireTick() <035c8897f8cf491cbae33e9b8dc9bf96>:0

ORKHandler.Update() <035c8897f8cf491cbae33e9b8dc9bf96>:0
  • No need for that - seems like Unity 2018 drops support for the legacy particle system (or at least changes something).

In any case, Unity beta versions are not supported by ORK, you'll have to stick with official Unity releases (5.6 or 2017.x) for the time being.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks,

Yes, I think that is a great idea! How soon after release do you expect to support 2018.1?
    I was in the OrkFramework code and did a flurry of naive "fixes" (45 minutes) to get it compiling to Net 4.6 and 2018.1b11 DLLs. There were a dozen or more "obsolete" errors that blocked compile when importing to VS 2017 that I "fixed". I'm sure you would be much more familiar with the upgrade process for your own code! Unity tried to compile the dll in then gave up due to the instability of my brute force attempt. I can wait for your more guided release... but the Ork / Makinom .Next release sounds exciting.
  • Unity 2018.1.0f1 is out :D could you squeeze the support in the next update? :)
  • It is?
    The latest version I see is 2017.4.2
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2018
    Unity 2018.1.0f1
    Released: April 24, 2018

Download Unity Hub

Yeah it is, but weirdly is on the beta section while 2018.2 beta already out. Who knows...

edit: Yeah its now available on the main page too 2018.1.0f2 :)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Next release will add Unity 2018 support :)
  • awesome!! thanks GIL
  • Hey GiL,

I ran into this problem today as well. I'm using Ork 2.16.0 and Unity 2018.1.1f1
    I reopened the project in Unity 2017.4.2f2 and didn't receive an error.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.ParticleEmitter.set_emit'.
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.EmitParticlesStep.Continue (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.EmitParticlesStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (Int32 next)
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.Tick (Single delta)
    ORKFramework.BaseAction.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.BattleActionHandler.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.Battle.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()
  • Was looking through the bug thread and saw that I should upgrade to Ork 2.16 after upgrading to Unity 2018. Going to try that.
  • hmm deleted all the DLLs and reimported when in Unity 2018 but still receiving the errors.
  • Make sure to download ORK in the asset store with Unity 2018, otherwise you'll still have the wrong version (separate versions for Unity 5.6, 2017 and 2018).