• Hi GIL,

I was reading the selected data page, and it says "Battle events and formulas used by abilities and items will automatically add the ability/item with the selected key action to the selected data."

What's the key for equipment? The reason I'm asking is I want to have a formula for durability that depends on certain object variables of the equipment, but I can't find a way to tell the formula to use the vars attached to "the current equipment''.
  • This also uses the action selected key. Calculating the maximum durability as well as the equip/unequip game events hold the equipment as selected data with the action key.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks that did work.
  • Hi GIL,

I'm trying to show a fixed short cut bar HUD with skills at the bottom of the screen during battle. It would be like 1: attack1 2: atack2 3 :attack3, and change according to whose turn it is. I understand the shortcut mechanics, but the problem is I can't figure out how to do it right : either I put a combatant group HUD, but then all the HUDS stack up on top of each other and I can only use the top one of member index 0, or individual HUD, where it shows the HUD at the position of the combatant, which isn't what i want. I'd need something like a group HUD that only shows the short cuts of the combatant whose turn is right now. Any ways to do this?
  • Yes, there's the Latest Turn type HUD for this. It's like a Combatant HUD but shows the HUD for the combatant who has the current turn. There are futher options to e.g. limit this to the player group.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks that worked great!
  • Hi GIL,

I'm trying to select all equipments whose durability are not at their maximum. Is there a way to do that? As a work around, I've tried storing their durability into a an object variable, then using a filter in the select equipment and select item node. But it doesn't work (returns 0), as I suspect maybe object variables are initialized before the durability, so when it calls the formula the durability is 0.
  • Hm, I don't think there's currently a way to do that.
    And yes, durability is initialized after the variables.
  • Ok what do you think of this solution: instead I put an object var in those equipment I want to select, with a formula that fetches the current durablity / max durability, then put a select equipment node with a filter that selects only equipment with that object var with value <1 ? I tried it, but since the durability is initialized after, it returns 0. So is there a way to tell ork to recalculate object vars of an equipment, or if not what's the c# line for it? I would call that before the select node and I think it would work.
  • Hm, you probably could do that in the event itself - first select all equipment (either from the inventory or equipped on the combatant) and use the formula to store the the durability into the equipment variable. Afterwards, you'd again select the equipment using the filter.
  • Well I don't know how to do this : store the durability into the equipment variable. If I select all equipment, I have a list, I can't change their object variables according to their own durability. That's why I thought to put the formula directly into the object variable of each equipment, so it would be called with the action key, then it would know which equipment durability is which. But since durability is init after object vars, it returns 0, and I don't know how to recalculate again.

I think I'll try selecting one body part by one, or do a script that cycle through them instead.