edited April 2018 in ORK Support
Hi I followed this tutorial

orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/mecanim-animations/

and I cannot get the attack animation for my knight npc to play. My walk animation works. I took some screenshots if anyone can help please. I used a trigger of "isAttack" for the Attack animation, and the trigger of "death" for the Death animation.

Here is the setup of my animation controller states.

Here are the mecanim settings for my animation.

and here are my combatant animation settings.

Ok, here are my FPS controller settings, the controller bounces once, high up in the air, upon loading a new scene. My old controller wouldn't jump correctly, so I am trying this one.

any help would be great. especially with the mecanim, as I cannot finish my game without it. Thank you!

Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • Try adding a small wait before playing the attack animation in the battle event, e.g. a Wait node with 0.1 second wait.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks can you look at my fps controller settings? please. Do you see why it's jumping GiL? Thanks so much!!
  • i Don't know the name of my battle event.
  • edited April 2018
    Check the ability you're using for the attack that should play the animation, the battle events are set up there.

As for your controller, make sure that the Character Controller (and other colliders) are positioned correctly on your prefab.
    Also, depending on where your prefab's local position X=0, Y=0, Z=0 is located, you might need to add a spawn offset in the combatant's settings.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow. I have no battle event listed. Yet my battles work. But I can't find the battle event. It is left blank in my Knights ability,.
  • edited April 2018
    Awesome GiL. I got a Perfect FPS controller now. no bounce. took forever. I ended up buying one. Lol. Also, the guard attacks now. It was because I did not use the "attack" event, and just left it blank. Also, I made the "cast" event by switching the "play attack" node to "play cast" node and saving as "cast 2" event.

My problem is, the spell animation casts on myself and not the enemy. I don't know how to fix that, and the spell only casts after about 3 hits of my shortcut button, not 1 hit. So I will cast like crazy, and finally, it plays. In my spell ability, the target is set to enemy.

Thank you for any help.
    Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • edited April 2018
    Check that spell's battle events if you're using the correct actors for your animations, prefabs, etc.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Awesome GiL! I now have a perfect casting animation. It was the cast event like you said.