edited May 2018 in ORK Support
Hello everybody!

1) I'm implementing an ability that works like this:

start action (targets self);
search for specific game objects in range from self;
if game objects in range > x then do action
else end action

I'd like to display the action range with a prefab (a projector) when the menu option is hightlighted. Is there a way to do this whithin ork? If not, is there a way to access which battle menu option is currently selected via script?

2) I'm currently setting the targeting cursor prefab in Battle System>Battle Settings>Target Settings>Target Selection>Target Cursor. I would like to use a different prefab for some specific actions (or possibly for different action types ie: a large circle for an AoE ability, a line pointing at the user from the target for a shooting ability and so on. Is it possible in ORK? And again, is there a way to access which action is currently used for targeting a combatant via script?

Thank you for your help!
Luca
Post edited by azazello on
  • 1) I don't think that's currently possible out of the box. I'll look into adding a prefab option for that.
    Meanwhile, you can check which action is currently selected by checking the battle menu's target highlight shortcut:
    combatant.BattleMenu.TargetHighlight.Shortcut
    The shortcut is an IShortcut implementation of the highlighted (or selected) action, i.e. either an AbilityShortcut or an ItemShortcut, which give you access to the ID, etc. of the ability/item.

2) No, there's only the standard target cursor available currently. I'll look into adding this for future updates.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you very much! I was stuck on other stuff so I postponed these details but will be working on them in the next few days. I'll mark the thread as solved