edited May 2018 in ORK Support
Hello everybody. I have a question about battle menu: is it currently possible to display a sub menu in a second, new gui box without replacing the original one? Here's a mockup of what I mean:

link: https://s9.postimg.cc/9x0rjm97j/battle_menu_screen_mockup_preview.png

Also, is it possible to display the battle menu at an object's position? For example, the player's head or spawning the sub menu next to the option from which it originated? (as shown in the mockup)
Post edited by azazello on
  • Your image isn't working for me :(
    But yeah, I'm also interested in accomplishing this goal.
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • I updated the link, thank you =)
  • Nice :)
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • No, that's currently not possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2018
    Too bad. Do you think creating my own extension to do this would be feasible (or reasonably accessible)? Could you give me some pointers on where to start? The way I'm looking at it (not sure if this could work) is that I'd need to:
    1) prevent the main menu ui box from closing when a selection is confirmed
    2) store the current selection position
    3) unfocus the main menu ui box after spawning the sub menu ui box
    4) move the newly created sub menu ui box at the stored position
    5) restore main menu focus after closing sub menu

I'm thinking something along the lines of a handler that adds a "PreserveMainBattleMenuComponent" to main menu gui box (to prevent it from closing) at runtime and a "MoveSubMenuInPlaceComponent" to the spawned sub menu box

Do you think this is doable? I'm generally trying not to alter ORK's code because I'd like to keep its full functionality, this is the reason for such a roundabout way.
    Post edited by azazello on
  • Doable, yes - but it's probably easier to write your own custom battle menu instead of changing ORK's code :)
    Anyway, the ORK class that handles the battle menu display is ActiveBattleMenu and can be found in Gameplay > BattleSystem > Menu in the source code.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!