• I'm sorry
    I use Google translation because I can not use English

version unity2017.4.0f1 ORK Framework 2.15.1
    I tried to display the quest on the screen and I got an error
    I download the demo for confirmation and made the same setting, but I get an error
    If you uncheck the red circle, the error disappears.
    Verification please
  • @yuki62
    I can confirm this bug - will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2018
    So I just updated to Unity 2018.1.0f2 and ORK framework 2.15.1 and now I get this error on different parts of many different events:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.ParticleEmitter.set_emit'.
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.EmitParticlesStep.Continue (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.EmitParticlesStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.GameEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (Int32 next)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ChangeScaleStep.Continue (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ChangeScaleStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ObjectVisibleStep.Continue (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ObjectVisibleStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.CallFunctionStep.Continue (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.CallFunctionStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.MecanimAnimationStep.Continue (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.MecanimAnimationStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.Tick (Single delta)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction.Update ()

It locks up my game and then also locks the main menu choices the next time I enter play mode until I completely close out of Unity and restart the program. I figured it was just events involving particle emitters but I also got the error from disabling a component. As it stands, I can't make any progress on development, this one is a game breaker.

EDIT: I see that your latest version release is only for unity 2017.1 so I'm guessing I should've expected issues. I'll just revert back to the old unity until there's support. Thank goodness I made a backup lol.
    Post edited by braytendo on
  • @braytendo
    ORK 2.16.0 has just been released, adding Unity 2018 support :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I updated 2018.1.0f2.
    and ORK 2.16.0.

I receive this error on play.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.ParticleEmitter.get_enabled'.
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.CheckComponentEnableStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StartEvent ()
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleEvent.StartEvent (IEventStarter s, System.Object startingObject)
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.CallBattleEvent (.ORKBattleEvent eventAsset, Int32 next, Boolean shareVariables, Boolean shareSelectedData, Boolean shareFoundObjects)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.CallBattleEventStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StartEvent ()
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleEvent.StartEvent (IEventStarter s, System.Object startingObject)
    ORKFramework.BaseAction.PerformAction ()
    ORKFramework.BaseBattle.PerformAction (ORKFramework.BaseAction action)
    ORKFramework.RealTimeBattle.PerformNextAction3 ()
    ORKFramework.RealTimeBattle.ActionAdded (ORKFramework.BaseAction action)
    ORKFramework.BattleActionHandler.Add (ORKFramework.BaseAction action)
    ORKFramework.CombatantActions.Add (ORKFramework.BaseAction action, Boolean newTurn)
    ORKFramework.CombatantActions.Choose (Boolean newTurn, Boolean autoCallMenu)
    ORKFramework.CombatantActions+<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<Choose>b__0 ()
    ORKFramework.CombatantBattle.StartTurn2 (Boolean canPerform, ORKFramework.Notify callback)
    ORKFramework.CombatantBattle.StartTurn (Boolean canPerform, ORKFramework.Notify callback)
    ORKFramework.CombatantActions.Choose (Boolean newTurn, Boolean autoCallMenu)
    ORKFramework.AI.CombatantAI.Tick (Single battleTime)
    ORKFramework.Combatant.Tick (Single time, Single battleTime)
    ORKFramework.CombatantHandler.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()
  • @joeee19
    Make sure you download and update to ORK 2.16.0 using Unity 2018 - the ParticleEmitter has been removed in Unity 2018 and is only in ORK 2.16.0 versions for Unity 5.6 and 2017.
  • I recently updated to ORK 2.16 and i'm having an issue with the animations. The character is playing mecanim animations from a different animation setup, i even deleted the animation from the animation controller but its still playing.
  • edited May 2018
    Hi GIL,

Found an issue with 2.16. Grid battle range doesn't work well anymore: the enemy combatant is in range but can't be targeted. Sometimes it work from some angles, it's weird.

I tried making a new ability from scratch to make sure there wasnt any stuff in there, and a new battle range template, but the issue remains. I also loaded a backup of my project without the issue, upgraded to 2.16, and the issue appeared immediately, so I'm sure it's new.

Post edited by UserName on
  • edited May 2018
    For some reason after upgrading my combatants have stopped completing their movement on the grid during battle. I select the move command, the combatant begins to move but then stops cold in the origin square (like they hit a wall) while the combatant's turn hangs. Currently running ORK 2.16.0 & Unity 2018.1.1f1; no other changes on my part aside from upgrading the versions.

EDIT: Here's my gridMovement event layout for reference.

Post edited by superschure on
  • @Windkeep
    Make sure the combatant uses the correct animation controller. All ORK does is tell Mecanim which animation to play or parameter to change, it can't influence the actual animation that is used - i.e. if it isn't in the animation controller there's no chance to play the animation.

@UserName
    Can you give me more details on your use range setup?

@superschure
    Your grid movement event doesn't look correct at all - check out the grid battle tutorial 3 for an example of a working grid move command.
  • edited May 2018
    @gamingislove The bug happens with default use range values too... I created a default ability (new ability that does nothing), with a default range template of 2 grid cells.
    Post edited by UserName on
  • edited May 2018
    @gamingislove I've adjusted the battle event according to the tutorial you linked (the last two steps are disabled) and I get the same result. This only happened after upgrading from ORK 2.15 and Unity 2017.

UPDATE: I solved the issue. Discovered that my cursor was leaving "ghosts" during selection along the path for movement so when the combatant would then move it was hitting the walls of the cursor. I disabled the colliders on the walls of the cursor and problem solved. Thanks for your help!
    Post edited by superschure on
  • @UserName
    Just tested it and worked fine on my end. I'd need a small Unity test project where this happens to figure out what's going on.
    Based on your screenshot, my first guess would be the ability being set up to target allies instead of enemies ...
  • @gamingislove It can't be that, it only happens when I upgrade. I think it might be a bug with the new minimum range. I sent you a test project in a PM.