• Happy to say I've figured out the weapon abilities. Even got the menu giving the correct info.

I just have to say... I started working this game in 2015, but this year I feel like I've made more progress than I have in the previous 2-3 years combined.
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • edited May 2018
    [SOLVED] I was trying to set up a basic HUD overlay for when the game is paused, but it doesn't seem to show up. Is there a particular way of doing it?

Ohh, I think I've worked it out. The HUD appears if I set the pause key as its toggle, but the GUI box cannot have fading because the freeze pause won't let it animate.

Actually it turns out it doesn't matter whether it's animated or freeze pause... the hud only seems to appear half the time I pause it. What the??

OK I'm redoing the pause as a menu screen instead, and that seems to be working.
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • edited May 2018
    [SOLVED]
    Well the pause works, but only outside of battle. In battle, it doesn't have any effect. Is there a way to freeze pause with a menu during ATB battle?

Edit: The global event seems to work well
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • edited May 2018
    [SOLVED]
    Just a quick one, where is the user volume stored? It must be written into a file somewhere because I managed to mute the music by default. I haven't been able to figure out the options menu - the volume adjustment names appear, but there are no up and down buttons or anything. Anyway I don't really need to implement it, but I need to know how to get my sound back to normal for play testing.

EDIT: Looks like it's fixed after I made sure these boxes were unchecked:

Post edited by Natnie on
  • The escape event doesn't need a Calculate node, due to having Calculation Needed enabled in the Event Settings node :)

I can confirm the shop layout error, although this just happens when not showing a type box. Will be fixed in the next update.

Your currency text codes are wrong, it should look like this:
    #currency.icon0# #currency.inventory0# #currency.name0#
    I.e. you'll have to close these kind of text codes with a # as well.

I'll try to answer your other questions at a later time :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!
  • edited May 2018
    [SOLVED]
    So just one more small thing for today. I am trying to create a debug event that lets me set the party members and level of the party. It all works except for the unequip step I've added. The equipment doesn't get unequipped, and gets lost when the party is changed. The party members seem to get their initial equipment whenever I add them, even though I have not selected that option, so whatever they had before just disappears. What am I doing wrong?

Here's a screenshot:

And here's a link to the event asset if you want to look at what I've set up:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tSAdsmmtvsOkn22JuYlsxi5LZcvOLQ2y
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Unavailalbe battle commands are greyed out and not hidden.

Try managing pause through a global event (called by the pause key). Menu screens aren't called during battle (due to blocked controls), but you can call it through a game event.

Volumes are stored in the save games and optionally stored as options in the PlayerPrefs (depending on your system they're stored in different locations, e.g. they should be stored in the registry in Windows). Storing them outside of save games has to actively be enabled in Menus > Save Game Menu.
    There's also the Start Volume Settings in Game > Game Settings.

Regarding the debug event - I assume there already is a party set up when starting the event? Are you using individual or group inventory?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Group inventory.
    Yeah, there is a party at the start of the event.
    I have noticed that it does unequip my party, but it doesn't seem to do it all the time, I can't seem to get a grasp on what it's doing...

btw any advice on the enemy death problem? That's definitely my most troublesome one.
  • Just checked the event - in the Initialize To Level node you're using the start equipment, so that's where this is coming from.

I think I'll need a small Unity test project to figure out the enemy death issue.
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks
    I'm working in a small project right now so I can send it, what parts do I need to exclude for the copyright purposes?
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • For the mecanim animation bug, i find that its best to do a stop combatant idle animation followed by a brief wait then play the animation. Also, i use the combatant animation event instead of mecanim animation. The Mecanim animation event is very robust but also glitchy sometimes.
  • Thanks. I have managed to get an animation to play, it just refuses to acknowledge the actual death of the last remaining enemy. I don't get the exp from it or anything...
  • Look into battle settings and and battle end events.
  • I'm uploading a unitypackage of my project without sound files or the DLL folder of the ORK folder. My connection stinks so it'll be a while, but it's 657MB. lol that's my "light" project with 3 scenes <_<