edited May 2018 in ORK Support
I'm using a trigger with an event interaction to make the AI use abilities but, the first trigger will randomly work or not work.

Event Interaction: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvd53qfo5uhrmhe/Screenshot 2018-05-30 20.08.03.png?dl=0

1st Trigger working:

1st Trigger not working:

Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • Hm, I'd guess that the trigger works, but the AI combatant isn't able to use an action at that time.

You could check if the event is started by adding some output (e.g. a dialogue or Show Notification node) at the start of it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was testing a moving and stationary version of that trigger and, the moving trigger worked 100% out of my many tests. The stationary trigger would sometimes work and not work.

I'll see if i can make a battle event that works and update this later.
  • Hm, might be an issue with the physics not registering the game object entering the trigger due to missing rigidbodies on your combatants (or the trigger).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have a rigidbodies on my combatants. Is this rigidbody setup ok for combatants? https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iluf93kiz28oqy/Screenshot 2018-06-13 15.55.01.png?dl=0

I dont have rigidbodies on the trigger. What settings should I use for rigidbodies on the trigger?
  • The rigidbody setup looks alright to me - if the game objects shouldn't be driven by rigidbody forces, you can also enable Is Kinematic.

Try adding a rigidbody to the trigger as well.
  • Added the rigidbody to the trigger and, still got the same result. Triggers work sometimes and, occasionally fails after some testing.
  • Might still be the AI combatant just not being able to use an action at that point. I'd need more information on your event in that case.

Could also be a Unity issue with moving triggers not registering trigger events?
  • edited June 2018
    In some of my tests both the stationary and moving triggers failed occasionally.

Actor settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlcinod51tic1ob/Screenshot 2018-06-19 18.26.29.png?dl=0

Use Battle Action settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhkmpckrzvnup6w/Screenshot 2018-06-19 18.26.39.png?dl=0

Another thing I'm wanting is, to play a sound when a damage dealer component is enabled. Can I do this with a battle event and, a check component enabled node?
  • As I said, it might just be the combatant not being able to use the ability at that point.

Yes, you can use that to check if the damage dealer is enabled and play a sound effect afterwards.
  • edited June 2018
    Edit: I ended up not using the triggers in this case. Instead I used a battle AI that uses a Check Status and Check Angle Node.

Having some trouble getting the check component enabled node to work. What should I set the component name to? Will I need to use the child object option?
  • The damage dealer's class name is DamageDealer, so that's what you need to use.