Visual bug on 2018.1; sometimes right-clicking in Event view in the framework window will bring up the ORK background grid in Scene view.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I'm getting this error when testing a formula in the editor when either the User or Target combatant has a piece of starting equipment with an "Equip Game Event" assigned (and the "Use Starting Equipment" box is checked):

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    UnityEngine.GameObject.AddComponent (System.Type componentType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/GameObjectBindings.gen.cs:382)
    UnityEngine.GameObject.AddComponent[GameEventTicker] () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/GameObjectBindings.gen.cs:387)
    ORKFramework.EquipShortcut.Equipped (ORKFramework.Combatant combatant)
    ORKFramework.CombatantEquipment.Equip (Int32 partID, ORKFramework.EquipShortcut equip, ORKFramework.Inventory inventory, Boolean keepUnequipped, Boolean reset)
    ORKFramework.StartEquipment.EquipOn (ORKFramework.Combatant c)
    ORKFramework.Combatant.Init (Int32 level, Int32 classLevel, Int32 classID, Boolean useStartInventory, Boolean useStartEquipment, Boolean useInitEvent, Boolean useStatusEffects)
    ORKFramework.CombatantGroupMember.Create (ORKFramework.Group group)
    ORKFramework.Editor.FormulasTab.ShowSettings ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.FormulasTab.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorSection.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at

If I remove the Equip Game Event or uncheck "Use Starting Equipment" then the formula is calculated correctly.
  • I updated a project to Unity 2018.1.1f1, and it throws an exception whenever an Emit Particles node is run:

MissingMethodException: void UnityEngine.ParticleEmitter.set_emit(bool)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.EmitParticlesStep.Continue (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent) (at <3715eb56eeb546d085f85fb371745122>:0)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.EmitParticlesStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent) (at <3715eb56eeb546d085f85fb371745122>:0)
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleEvent.ExecuteNextStep () (at <3715eb56eeb546d085f85fb371745122>:0)
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (System.Int32 next) (at <3715eb56eeb546d085f85fb371745122>:0)
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.Tick (System.Single delta) (at <3715eb56eeb546d085f85fb371745122>:0)
    ORKFramework.BaseAction.Tick () (at <3715eb56eeb546d085f85fb371745122>:0)
    ORKFramework.BattleActionHandler.Tick () (at <3715eb56eeb546d085f85fb371745122>:0)
    ORKFramework.Battle.Tick () (at <3715eb56eeb546d085f85fb371745122>:0)
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick () (at <1a346cad44764a4387a6af0b5c8f64d3>:0)
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update () (at <1a346cad44764a4387a6af0b5c8f64d3>:0)

The event in question doesn't proceed past this point, so a turn-based battle gets stuck.

Thankfully, I always do a proper backup of my work before any significant updates. :-)
  • hi @gamingislove , any news on my game breaking bug>?
  • @UserName
    Yep, will be fixed in the next update. For now you can fix this by using Mask grid shapes instead of Range.

@Keldryn
    Formula error will be fixed in the next update.
    The other issue is probably caused by not updating to the Unity 2018 version of ORK, make sure to download it again in the asset store with Unity 2018 and import it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2018
    gamingislove said: The other issue is probably caused by not updating to the Unity 2018 version of ORK, make sure to download it again in the asset store with Unity 2018 and import it.
    That was it. I had thought of that, but when I went to the ORK Framework page in the Asset Store window, the button text only said "Import" so I assumed that I must have already downloaded it using Unity 2018. At any given time, I typically have 3 or 4 experimental projects that I'm messing around with, so it can be hard to remember when I downloaded something (and I also work on two different computers).

Thanks. :-) It's a good reminder that sometimes you need to delete a download .unitypackage file and re-download it, as the Asset Store isn't 100% accurate with regards to when it displays Import vs Update.

For anyone who doesn't already know, the default location for Asset Store downloads is C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x (on Windows PCs, obviously). Yes, both Unity 2017 and 2018 still use the "Asset Store-5.x" folder.

Post edited by Keldryn on
  • Keldryn's above post solved my issues with upgrading to 2018
  • edited July 2018
    *EDIT : Forget this problem, i set up a random step where the camera would fly toward the dead combatant and forgot to link the node where the fail step would work resulting in empty animation, totally my bad.

In Turn based battles, when you tick death immediatly, the dying combatant is destroyed and doesn't play death animation, sometimes it works, when death immediatly is unticked it workds perfectly but doesn't seems realistic.. (using unity 5.6).
    Post edited by Tr1nome on
  • This bug has been around for quite some time, but I've forgotten to make note of it(!).

Text Typing SFX is affected by the Pitch setting of sound effects played in ORK that occur before it.

Example: Play an SFX with a very low pitch in an event, and then open up a dialogue with text typing SFX. The Text typing will now be very low pitch.

This is a bit problematic sometimes!

My suggestion is to reset the pitch of any SFX being played to default levels, so they don't affect any other sounds than the one you manually changed the pitch on, since this issue occurs with new SFX adopting the old SFX pitch as well.

Or, at the very least, having a Typing SFX Pitch setting in the GUI Box, so that the typing SFX is kept consistant.

Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb
    Should be fixed in the next update.
    However, this could only happen when you're playing an audio clip in a dialogue (not at the actor) that changes the pitch, otherwise the main audio source used for playing clips like the text typing sound isn't changed anywhere.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Dunno if it happens only to me but I used to play an audio clip in switching menu user in menu screen but the audio clip doesn't play is it a bug or a bad configuration?
  • @Tr1nome
    Yep, that's a bug, the change user clip isn't played.
    Will be fixed in the next update.
  • I think' i've found another bug, when a new combatant joins the battle, when he casts an ability the sound plays in a loop
  • @Tr1nome
    Can you specify that a bit? Which sound and where is it being played (e.g. event system)?
  • @gamingislove Yes the sound is played in the battle event (cast) when the combatants are already spawned it works perfectly but when it's a combatant spawned by the join battle node the sounds plays loop