I'm curious about how this feature is intended to work using a mouse. If 'click distance' is set lower than the PC's current distance to an interactive object, then clicking on said object won't register, but clicking within the distance, or setting it to -1 so that it simply bypasses a check, triggers the event immediately without actually prompting the combatant to first close the distance. There are workarounds using the event system, but it seems like those shouldn't really be necessary considering this feature. So, how and/or what do I need to set up to force this step to work as intended?
  • Make sure to set up moving to interactions in Base/Control > Game Controls > Interaction Settings. Also, check if the Event Interaction has Move To Interaction enabled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, That's where I set up my 'Click Distance' as -1. Well, right above there. 'Move to interaction' is checked, my default interaction radius, stop distance and interaction distance are all set to 1.
  • What's your Move Component Setings setup?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My player combatant has, as far as I can tell, two move components attached: a 'mouse player controller' and an 'actor event mover' script. I've tried toggling the former between 'character controller' and 'event mover' type, and both work for moving the combatant around a field, but neither actually moves them toward an interaction.
  • I meant the move component settings in the Move To Interaction settings :)
  • Well ... and the rest of the settings for the move component?
    E.g. did you enable to add the component automatically? Otherwise the player probably doesn't have the component and isn't moving due to that ...
  • 'Add Component' is enabled, as is 'Use To Interaction'. Speed is walk (can this be overridden?), no control blocks are checked, 'Default interaction', 'Stop Distance' and 'Interaction Distance' are all 1.
  • Also want to add that, 'Add Automatically' is not checked, but I've manually added an interaction controller to the prefab currently being used. It doesn't seem to offer many options apart from 'Interact With Nearest' which is unchecked. I'm using the built in mouse controls.
  • Hm, ok, the only other thing I could think of would be your combatant's walk speed being 0 ...
    Can you send me a small Unity test project where this happens to contact@orkframework.com?