• Attack/defence attributes are treated as percent modifiers, e.g.:
    - 100 means 100 % of the damage are dealt
    - 50 means 50 % of the damage
    - 0 means 0 % > immune to that damage
    - -50 means it'll heal the target by 50 % of the damage
    - -100 means it'll heal the target by 100 % of the damage
    See this how-to for details.

My guess on the difference between built game and in-editor testing would be, that you are loading a save game in one of them, which has the attribute either set normally or to 0, while in playing a new game is the opposite.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for that clarification. I have worked it out now, I think.
    The problem I was having with the 'keep equipment checkbox' is still an issue, though :(
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • Can you give me details on the setup for that node?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK, but there's not much to show. Basically in a cutscene my characters have to swap their initially equipped weapons for ones they are receiving. These are the two nodes:

The new weapons equip, but the old ones do not go into the inventory.

• I also tried steps that just remove the weapons without equipping the new ones, but that also doesn't work.
  • Yep, that's a bug - having From Inventory disabled causes this :)
    Will be fixed in the next update.

However, only unequipping (i.e. None equip and enabling Keep Unequipped) should work fine.
  • Thanks, looking forward to the next release ^_^
  • edited August 2018
    Ok so onwards and upwards!

I've been looking into the Cinemachine FreeLook camera and it looks like it would work really nicely for a simple camera.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/animation/using-cinemachine-free-look

Now I'm trying to figure out how to integrate it into ORK. The problem is it uses a separate virtual camera object. On the Main Camera it uses the Cinemachine Brain component. Would I just use that component in the ORK settings?
    The Follow and Look At settings are in the separate object, though. This is a problem, I assume.
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • edited August 2018
    Hmm, ok, looks like it works if I put all the components on the Main Camera. So I can set the Free Look script as a custom control, right? And the Cinemachine Collider?

Still, I'm not sure how to set the Look At and Follow to the target child object on the playable character. Is there a way?
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • If you only have one combatant as the actual player throughout the game, you can just add those components to it.
    Otherwise you could use the Custom Control settings in Base/Control > Game Controls to add them to the player, although they don't allow adding them to child objects. Alternatively, you can also use the Player Components settings to add components to the player without registering them as controls (also without child object support).

Another way would be to use the Spawn Game Event of the combatant (in the combatant's Base Settings > Game Event Settings) and use a game event to add the components to whatever child object you want. Since this should be for the player, check if the actor (should be event object for the spawn event) is the player using a Check Player node.
  • Hmm I guess I didn't explain right. I don't have any components to put on the player, it's a component on the camera, but I need to use an object from the character to put in the Look At and Follow slots of the component.
    I can conceptualise a script to do so upon scene load, though I will need help to put it together. But is there any other way?
  • Hm, yeah, a script would probably be the best option here. You could easily integrate this with ORK's camera control system and utilize camera target changes with a script like this:

using UnityEngine;
    using ORKFramework.Behaviours;

public class CameraUpdateControl : BaseCameraControl
    {
    private GameObject previousTarget;

private void Update()
    {
    if(this.previousTarget != this.CameraTarget)
    {
    // do your update stuff here
    this.previousTarget = this.CameraTarget;
    }
    }
    }

For the update stuff, you'd just update whatever components you need, e.g. assuming the Follow component has a GameObject field named target for the camera's target:

Follow follow = this.GetComponent<Folow>();
    if(follow != null)
    {
    follow.target = this.CameraTarget;
    }

You'd just put this component on the same game object as your other camera components and register it with ORK's camera controls.
  • Thanks! I'll try this out.... next week when I have access to my computer again.