edited July 2018 in Showcase

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO

So, my game has been a long time coming. I initially started work on it in 2015, though I had a lot to learn about both Unity and ORK before I could really do much. It was 2017 that I first got Substance Painter, which allowed me to make good looking assets, and since then I've been working quite hard on the game. Once the next ORK update comes out (with bug fixes I need) I'll be able to build a playable demo for release.

In the meantime, the website for Olive Branches is http://olivebranchesrpg.com

Trailer Video:

Post edited by Natnie on
Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • Nice! Don't have anything bad to say about the video. Looking forward to playing the demo soon.
  • edited July 2018
    The song in the trailer sounds sooooo much like the opening theme to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Post edited by braytendo on
  • Haha cool.
    I got it from Presence-of-music.com and their music really does have a strong FF feel.
  • Finally! The demo is ready!

DOWNLOAD
  • I like it! Of course it's a demo, so some things are still unpolished, but that's okay. Like the walk animation of Olive when she was going to the altar. Her speed was too fast for her animation, or the bubble particle of the trident. I think putting it to world space is better, the bubbles moving along with the trident looks weird :)
    Also when in battle and you are choosing the balm to heal someone, the target cursor delay time is too long.
    I'm not really a fan of the camera system. Gave me a slight headache hahh. Any particular reason why you don't have the camera being controlled by the mouse and not rotate along with the character?

PS,
    Olive is almost 18? I could have sworn she was a grandma :D
  • edited July 2018
    Ah, the main reason for the camera is that's all I could figure out how to do haha

Yeah I don't know what the cursor delay is all about :/

And yes the other things, I know. I was mainly concentrating on making sure everything functioned, and the little things like that I'll deal with later.

Thanks so much for playing though :D
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • edited July 2018
    Haha I bet there will be a camera system in the asset store that will suit your needs.
    About the cursor delay, maybe you just missed something. Mine appears instantly. GiL can probably help you with that.
    I didn't encounter any bug, that I know of, so keep up the good work!
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Thanks. I heard from someone that the game crashes on a game over. I'll have to figure that one out. Glad to know there isn't anything glaring though.