edited July 2018 in ORK Support
Hi, I have a problem with a snake mecanim controller. I have picture links below of my settings. The snake just runs around which is fine, but he goes too fast, and lowering his combatant run speed did not slow him down. and also, he does not bite me when attacking, he just plays the run animation. I am not sure how to make the controller have him bite when attacking, The trigger and animation name and state name in the controller for Attack, match up with the same names in the Ork settings. Please any help immensely appreciated. Ok here are the pics.

EDIT: I removed the transition from death to idle, and worked better, but I cannot play the attack bite animation, tried "snake_attack_low", and "snake_attack" both animations. tried a ton of configurations and settings, transitions, I cannot get the bite to work at all. All other animations work perfectly.

I followed this tutorial

orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/mecanim-animations/

My mecanim controller states pic. Please click on pic to zoom in.

animation settings for the snake mecanim.

4 pics

Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • Try adding a short Wait node (e.g. 0.1 seconds) before playing the attack animation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2018
    Thank you GiL, I just added the node, it doesn't work still. I noticed that when I take away the "attack" trigger condition from the transition from "any state" to the attack node in the animation controller for the snake, the attack animation plays nonstop while moving. But once I put in the trigger condition of "attack" back in, the snake attack does not play. It has something to do with the trigger or transition I think? Please. I tried switching animations for attack, didn't work.

I made sure that the trigger name in the controller and the Ork animation setting matched, so it was not that.
  • I'd recommend to switch to legacy animations.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I am not sure. The snake came with a mecanim controller and some animation fbx. I can't return it. Can you make it legacy animations using just the animation fbx files for the Ork animation to play? Please. Do the unity asset creators usually add mecanim and legacy both to the package? I have a main prefab model and a lot of animation fbx files with a @ in front of the name. But forgot if I can do legacy with that.
  • Well, yeah, you can change it to legacy animations without any problem.

Just add an Animation component and add the animations of the snake to it. That's all there is to it (beside removing the Animator component :D).
  • Wow thank you GiL!
  • You might also need to change the model's Rig to use Legacy animation type, but I'm not sure if that's really needed :)
  • OK thanks again. I really appreciate your help. Making my game even possible. Have a great day
  • edited July 2018
    Hi GiL, I finally did it. But the snake stops to attack me too far away. Do you know where the range setting is for him to get closer to me then stop to attack? He stops and attacks very far away, but I also dont want to be able to hit him before he can hit me, so I may need to change my range somewhere. Please? Other than that, my battles are perfect!

Also, on the reward popup window after killing a creature, the OK button is off the screen or disappeared. I don't know how to get it back. I may have moved it by mistake. Any more help would great. sorry so many questions. I should be good for a while after this, as most of the core game is done.