Is there a built-in method for using turn-based, action point driven abilities designed to be cast over multiple turns? Not using multiple abilities in the same turn, but one ability over however many turns it takes depending on the number of action points a combatant generates. Like, if a combatant who receives 12 AP per turn casts a spell requiring 27 AP, can ORK cycle through his turns and subtract AP until the necessary amount has been reached, and then trigger the ability leaving the combatant with a remainder?
  • edited July 2018
    Hm, you might be able to set this up using 2 abilities and a status effect.
    The first ability would apply the status effect to the user.
    The status effect uses the End Action settings to use the second ability when the effect ends.
    The second ability performs whatever it should do.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking. I Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a more elegant solution. Using that method, however, would I need to set up 2 abilities for every active ability in my game?
  • At least for every ability that takes multiple turns ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!