Hi guys, as the title says

Here are my checks so far (and can be assumed from the fact that it works in the equipment viewer but not in game)

1. Class and player have the equipment part and weapon/armor selected as allowed
2. Equipment viewer has ignor all for display settings
3. The equipment viewer is correctly parented to an empty object (e.g. Right Hand) in the skeleton of the model (previously had trouble with this)
4. Again the equipment viewer works when editing the scene
5. When I run the game and then pause, I can select my player and navigate to the correct place in the skeleton, the object "Right Hand" is there, but there is now NO equipment viewer component attached, and ofcourse no weapon
However, If I pull up my inventory in then it clearly states that the correct weapons/armor is equipped, just not displaying?

Any thoughts would be great,
Thanks again
  • Oh and I have level of equipment set to 1, and my player starts at level 5 for testing
  • Again to clarify point #5, The player prefab I am using has the equipment viewers under the correct equipment part objects (belt, pants, right and left hand etc), but when I play the game there is no equipment viewer at all.

Thanks again for any help
  • I rebuilt the game on a fresh build with the above settings and what would you know, it works

So I can only think of two things, either there is an issue becuase I had a previous ORK project saved to that Unity project, OR one of the many other unity pluggins is interacting in some way. Ah well, time to rebuild........again
  • Hm, my first guess would be that you had the wrong ORK project asset referenced in your game starter :)

Generally, the equipment viewer components are only removed in case it wasn't able to find a combatant on the game object (or parents of it). So, as long as the combatant is spawned through ORK (which handles attaching the combatant to it), the viewer shouldn't be removed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes the player spawns fine and through ORK, so I have no idea why there are no equipment viewers on it.
    Also shouldn't the fact that ORK successfully spawns the player mean that my game started is referencing the correct ORK project asset (also all the menu changes and other changes I make are immediately updated, so I know its using the correct project)

Thanks again GIL
  • Hm, yeah ... if changes to your project are occuring in-game, you're using the correct project.
    It sometimes happened to me that I was changing something in a different project asset and was wondering why the changes don't appear when testing in-game :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the response. I've managed to rebuild now. Some nice changes to the GUI stuff since I last played with ORK too :)