edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Hi all, I've been following the tutorials on orks grid battle system, but I cannot use the move command in the battle menu it is greyed out. I was wondering if someone could help me troubleshoot this. I am up to tutorial: Grid Battles – Part 3: Move and Ranges.

I copied absolutely everything with the event and even tried the pre-made one and still couldn't get this to work.
If anyone needs my project I can strip it down and upload it for you.

Thanks.
Post edited by DanielKW on
  • If the move command is not available (greyed out), it's not because of the move event - it's most likely due to not having enough move range.
    Did you set up the default move range as explained in the first grid battle tutorial?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2018
    @gamingislove

Thanks, I thought I might have missed something, it fixed it. I been at this for days trying to figure it out. However now when I click a cell to move to, the play just stays where he is and the command does nothing, I'm using a navmesh agent for movement By the way.

I missopke, the play only moves when after I choose an action.
    Post edited by DanielKW on
  • So, everything working now?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove

Yes it's mostly working. However when i click a cell to move the player teleports to the cell instead of running. I mean he plays his animation, runs a short distence then teleports to the end cell.

Is there any kind of "lerp" for the move command?
  • Sounds like you didn't use one of the wait options in the grid move battle event and the combatant is rapidly going through all cells in the path.
    Check the event if the move nodes are using wait options.
  • Thank you soooo much @gamingislove !

A wait action helped. Yay! :)
  • You're welcome :)