• I get this error lately when I m saving ORK (for many different ORK backups), unity 2018.2.1f1. everything works fine other than that

Failed to unload 'Assets/_ORK_Project_Backups/636709928139656253.asset'
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:DeleteAsset(String)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKAssetHelper:SaveORKProject(Boolean)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EditorSecurity:SaveProject(Boolean)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:SaveData(ORKEditorWindow)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:ShowGUI(ORKEditorWindow)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow:OnGUI()
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
  • Hm, not really getting this error with Unity 2018.2 - have you tried deleting your backups?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2018
    I saw you have a Get new Box ID node, but is there a way to get a new box ID on Item Box spawn? I m spawning a big amount of the same prefab with a loot table in it and I would like to have different Box ID for each on spawn so they carry different loot.

If I could call Get new Box ID on start via scripting would even work I guess if there is a way to call that.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • You could add an Autostart event interaction to the prefabs that change the box ID of the event object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • sometimes I feel like a newbie in ORK :) thanks.
  • edited September 2018
    I know I've mentioned this enough times, but is crucial we get a de-spawner of enemies, if I run through the map avoiding enemies in real-time battles, after 5 minutes with 15 enemies spawned the game starts to lag, we need a despawner that "kills" the enemy without gains ofcourse after time and/or after player is x meters away, so the spawner remains there and can respawn later. Please :)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • You can already do that with the event system :)
    E.g. have a huge sphere trigger interaction on the enemy that destroys the enemy's game object when the player leaves it.
  • well will that count as a death so the spawner can respawn the combatant later? Because I had a script like that so the prefab destroyed after x amount of time, but then the respawner wouldnt work.
  • edited September 2018
    Hm, no, that'll just get rid of the enemy. However, coming back to the scene should lead to a respawn of the enemy. If you'd kill the enemy (e.g. through just changing the HP to 0 instead of destroying the game object) would automatically respawn it after time, which isn't what you're after (I assume).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • yeah my exact problem :) my game being procedural generated use 1 scene mostly, so the player has to load a save or go for a new game so the scene respawners work :) anyway if you find a small solution would be glad :D. Also killing the enemy with changing the HP to 0, would lead to victory gains/drops :)
  • edited September 2018
    I'll look into it, but can't guarantee that whatever I come up with will work in your procedural setup.
    How are your spawners set up? E.g. if they're using autostart, they'll no longer spawn after the initial spawn in any case, so you'd have to manually spawn via the event system.

Edit: I've added a new node to despawn a combatant spawner, which removes the combatants and makes the spawner available for respawning again (but not auto respawns as when killing an enemy). Works in my setup with a trigger enter spawner and trigger exit despawning event.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • This is how my spawners work (trigger enter/exit) so I guess is all I need :)
  • 35) There's the Action Cast Idle Type setting available in Base/Control > Animation Types to have a different idle animation while casting, but there's no event being started when casting an ability
    Is there something similar for sounds? so when it starts casting to play a sound?
  • edited September 2018
    I don't think it's possible with ORK Framework but you can cheat it by using animation events, this is what i'm using for some animations to sync them easily ! https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/animeditor-AnimationEvents.html use them to play a sound when the animation starts ! If you don't understand i can link you my script :)

EDIT: you can use this solution with mecanim animation types, i don't think it's possible with legacy animations :/
    Post edited by Tr1nome on
  • edited September 2018
    Thanks for the helpful tutorial @Tr1nome , a bit of a nightmare to manipulate all these animations :D hopefully a soundtype can exist for ORK at some point :)
    Post edited by dlevel on