In grid battles, is it possible for a character to take up multiple grid spaces based on size?
  • No, currently not.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the reply. So if the character model is too big for one grid space, can I do something to prevent other characters from accessing the surrounding grids?

It's fine if the the main grid spot is the only section with hit detection.
  • Hm, that might be possible by adding the combatant as a Guest to the cells using the event system.

E.g. first use a Store Grid Cells node to store the cells around the combatant in found objects (e.g. using a grid shape), next use a Set Grid Cell Combatant node to set the combatant as Guest on those nodes.
    Naturally, you'll also have to remove the combatant from those cells when he changes cells.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Could I use the guest feature to also detect and calculate damage when those cells are attacked?

If so, that's basically the same thing has having a larger creature, just with a few extra steps.
  • Theoretically, yes, although I never tested it that way :)