• 26) don't even bother, your solution works just fine :)
  • I've still added a node to get the loot/gains from a combatant through the event system :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2018
    51) I have a combatant spawner that has 10 combatants, all with string variables requirements, for example the first 3 are having an areaVar:1-5 string variable while then next 3 have areaVar:6-10 string variable. the 1-5 works fine, but if areaVar:6-10 is enabled at the time, the next 3 combatants are not spawning (like if the 1-5 areaVar doesn't kick in then it stops looking further for combatants to spawn). Spawn random is disabled. If I remove the first 3 (1-5 variable) then the next 3 spawn correctly in the 6-10 variable.

Also is it possible that spawn random selects a random combatant that has the requirements fulfilled? for example if areaVar 6-10 is enabled, one of the 3 combatants that fulfill this requirement spawns, now it seems it selects one regardless the requirements (so it doesn't spawn it if requirements are not met)

52) I m trying to spawn the enemies with a combatant spawner set in Trigger Enter, and having a collider with trigger checked, everything works fine but sometimes the enemy just spawns in front of the player and not some meters away, is there a way to spawn him in the center of the collider? I see a note that "Remove the collider to spawn combatants at defined positions" but this way I can't use trigger enter.

should I just go with a custom spawner in the Game Events? anything I'll miss from the default combatant spawner?
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 51) Hm, yeah, that might be a bug - I'll look into it and fix it in the next update.
    You can work around this by having multiple combatant spawners for the different areaVar values instead of doing this per combatant. The spawner itself can also have a variable condition - should also be an easier setup, as you don't have to do it per combatant :)

52) Yeah, that's how this works. You need to set it up differently:
    - set up a spawner without a collider and set the start type to None
    - set up a game event that uses a Start Combatant Spawner node to start spawning on the spawner (add an Object actor for that)
    - set up an event interaction with a trigger enter start type (+collider/trigger :D) that uses the event and the spawner as actor
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 51) the way I spawn combatants (through procedural generated terrain and prefab spawners) is a one way road to have 1 combatant spawner, so a fix would be nice.. at the moment I test a custom event interaction to spawn combatants with variable check fork to see how it goes.
  • 51) Fix will be in the next update. The setup with multiple combatant spawners can still be done with a single game object that has multiple spawners attached :)
  • 51) ah that's nice then! but regarding 52 you can't have the combatant spawned in the middle of the collider (or even better far away from the trigger) correct? I see I can do that in the custom event spawner
  • edited October 2018
    52) Yep, you currently need a custom setup as described. I'll look into adding an option for spawning only at the spawner's position.

Edit: Will add an option to spawn at defined positions when having a collider attached - so basically single spawn point with trigger start types will be possible :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • That is awesome thanks :)
  • edited October 2018
    53) More of a request, on Item collectors, when you select box->loot, would be nice if we could have more than 1 loot table

54) I'm making a companion mobile app for my game, and I started messing around with touch controls etc. I read around the forum and even though I bought Easy Touch 5, I don't think I need it and virtual controls in HUD should do it for me (the companion app will just have some tabs to open inventories etc.) but I was struggled yesterday to make a button to open a Menu Screen, I put the input key to none and have it on my HUD virtual controls and on my menu screen to use this button, I press it and doesn't open the Menu Screen. Then for testing I made this input key have the key note "A", when I pressed on keyboard A the Menu Screen appeared and then the button was working opening-closing the Menu Screen until I pressed A again to close it that way, then the button stopped working again. Any thoughts? (ORK 2.18.0)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 53) I'll look into it.

54) Did a quick test with a control HUD to call a menu screen and worked fine. I guess you have some condition that prevents the menu screen from being called ...
  • edited October 2018
    55) at Ability Tree Menu Screen,can we have a mask/shadow on Icons of unlearnable abilities? and in shortcut bars is it possible we have again a mask/shadow on icos that we cannot use (low mana or reuse for example)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 55) Ability tree menus can use the Advanced Layout options of that menu part to display abilities differently based on their learned state.
    Shortcut bars (slots) can use the Inactive Slot settings to display them in a different way (e.g. using a different background image or colors) - this is set up wherever you define your shortcut's look, e.g. in Menus > Shortcut Settings or in the HUD displaying the shortcuts.
  • 56) Is there a way that the player cannot target an enemy behind walls (and vice versa) ? I have a key for Next Target and some times in dungeons an enemy that cannot be seen (behind a wall) is being targeted and is confusing.
  • 56) I don't think so. I'll check it out.