• @Tr1nome
    Hm, not happening here.
    Checked the code, and the only way this would be somehow connected would be if you somewhere actively play an audio clip on the combatant and set the audio source to looping through the advanced play audio settings (e.g. in a Play Sound node).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove okay I'll double check that maybe I forgot to check the play one shot or there must be a loop in the battle event thanks for checking anyway :)
  • edited August 2018
    I'm sometimes running into an issue with the Fade Screen step; particularly when multiple events being fired off is given intersecting/conflicting steps.

As an example, getting hit might flash the screen white. (no wait)
    Falling into spikes might fade the screen to black (wait) for a moment, and then back (wait) as you respawn.

Getting hit WHILE falling into spikes can result in weird behavior, like the screen fading to black, and then stopping at 50% opacity, leaving you with a half-black screen.

The 'Falling in Spikes Respawn' Black Fade in this case, would need to have priority over the other 'Getting Hit' fade.

Any ideas?

Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb
    Prevent damage after falling into the spikes would be the usual way for such a setup. E.g. using a status effect or setting a game variable as a flag.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2018
    @gamingislove

Ah, I do actually do that for Damage, but in this case, the order goes like this:

- Get damaged (Screen flashes white for .5s)
    - Fall into spikes during the screen flash
    - Respawn (Screen fades to black for .5s, Repositions Player, Fades back in for .5s)
    - Somewhere in there, the white Flash breaks the Screen fade to black

Since the white flash happens first, it seems to interrupt the Respawn's black fade, and since the Respawn Black fade must happen, I can't make that conditional.

I'm not sure what a solution would be so that they don't interfere with each other's fade animation... multiple layers/IDs of Screen Fading? (Layer 1, Layer 2, etc)
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • Hm, the white flash started before the black flash should actually be overruled by the newer flash - is your damage white flash separated into 2, i.e. one flashing full white, one flashing back? Might be that the 2nd white flash is the culprit, so you could prevent it using a game variable, e.g. a bool value as a flag marking the other fade.
    There's only 1 screen fade, so whatever is fading last has the fade :)
  • edited August 2018
    @gamingislove Oops, sorry for the super late response but I ran into the issue again today.

I did a few more tests and it looks like the issue was stemming from my usage of 'From Current!'

Basically, the second flash occurred, saw that the current color was halfway through the flash, marked that as the Current color, and as such, returned to that color at the end of the second flash.

Silly mistake. Thanks for the hint!
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • @gamingislove ,ORK2.17.1bug: Turn off MoveDead, you can still control after the player dies.

thyrsi.com/t6/366/1535962996x-1376440090.gif

thyrsi.com/t6/366/1535963128x1822611437.png
  • Yeah ... that setting is only used by built-in controls or if your custom control is scripted to use it :)
  • edited September 2018
    I can't get the check status node to work with these settings. It happens when I use a target actor and status effect type.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvn6uswtqvhffst/Screenshot 2018-09-06 08.04.35.png?dl=0

Edit: I got the check status node to work, my event needed some wait time before using the check status node.
    Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • edited September 2018
    When leveling up, if you have a stat that is to be fully regenerated but have a % bonus to it (from an equipment in my case), the portion added by that bonus wont be regenerated.
    Post edited by Maximal on
  • @Maximal
    Will be fixed in the next update.
  • edited September 2018
    When leveling up, if you have a stat that is to be fully regenerated but have a % bonus to it (from an equipment in my case), the portion added by that bonus wont be regenerated.
    A similar thing happens when using a formula as a combined value (under normal settings) to calculate a stat value, only the previous level value will be regenerated.

Also, when using this method, any bonus given to the stat (outside of the formula, via equipment for example) will be ignored.

edit: there also seems to be an issue when using it for health, the game seems to think your characters are dead and battles wont start, you can set the starting value in status development to more than 0 to stop the game from showing your characters as dead (or just revive them via an event) but battles still wont start.
    Post edited by Maximal on
  • You have to use the status value itself in your combined value formula to get the bonuses (and any regular stat development of the status value). The combined value will be calculated at the end, i.e. the status value itself will have it's regular value and all the bonuses at that point - and will be set to the result of the calculation afterwards.

The regeneration issue is the same as for the others and will be fixed in the next update.
  • It seems that when you have a toggle ability open and you have a HUD for it, when you save the game and then load it the HUD still displays the ability but the ability is not active, and you have to open the ability again and then close it so the HUD closes.