• edited October 2018
    @dlevel
    What's a toggle ability?
    I guess you're setting some stuff when using the ability (e.g. game variables) that will cause the HUD to open and do some other stuff to have the ability 'toggled' on visually for the user? I'd need the details what's considered toggled on :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey- started integrating my project into ORK, and am very pleased with how easily everything is coming together.

However, I am encountering an issue with the scene changers:

When I play the game within the unity editor, the scene transitions work, perfectly.

When I create a build of the very same scene, and play it as a stand-alone, the scene transitions don't work.

I went through the setup I have going on, and it is identical to the setup in the tutorial- and again, when played within the editor, all is well.

Any idea what might be going on, here?
  • @eblumrich
    Is the screen fading not working or doesn't it change to the new scene?
    If it doesn't change to the new scene, it's probably not included in your built game...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove

Hi- thanks for responding:

"Is the screen fading not working or doesn't it change to the new scene?
    If it doesn't change to the new scene, it's probably not included in your built game..."

Well, the target scene is certainly included in the build. Screenshot:

Image URL: https://imgur.com/Nr1XURA

Now, perhaps I did not adequately or fully explain my problem, initially, so I apologize. Let me explain it in full detail:

When I run the game within the unity editor, the transition works fine- the fade is perfect, and the transition occurs, just as it is supposed to.

When I run a build outside of unity (created, of course, from the saved scenes from the "inside unity" example above,) the player can walk right up to the scene changer, and nothing occurs- no fade, no transition. It is as if the scene changer is not there, at all.

Hopefully, this makes things a bit clearer.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to why this is happening.

• Oh- an addendum:

I'm aware that the scene changer is quite small, in relation to the doorway- that is because this is a game played from the perspective of cats- all colliders/etc have to be at about 1/3 scale.

I tried changing the ID numbers, but unfortunately, the problem remains: scene changers work fine within the editor, but not within stand-alone builds.
  • Hm, yeah, that's strange.
    Usually this could be the result of the time scale being 0, preventing the screen fade from progressing, but that should also be the case in the editor (and also prevent movement). Which Unity version are you using and what's your build target platform?
  • edited October 2018
    I am using Unity 2018.2.11f1

My target platform is PC/Mac, but builds are always developed initially for the PC.

Now, I went ahead and did a build of the game I created using your tutorials, and the scene changers work fine in both the in-editor games, and the external builds.

(These are the tutorials I am referring to: http://orkframework.com/tutorials/game/)

This leads me to believe there is something in my scene, that is conflicting with the scene change mechanism, but ONLY in external builds.

It's confusing.
    Post edited by eblumrich on
  • edited October 2018
    One other bug:

I followed your tutorial on how to add the basic GUI. After doing so, nothing beyond the initial menu screen loaded. After spending a few hours trying to figure out what was going wrong, with no success, I went ahead and tried to delete the new GUI elements.

Unfortunately, I had to eventually delete ORK from my project entirely in order to disentangle everything, so I am back at square one.

Can I ask: are you aware of any conflicts with third-party assets/extensions that might cause such interference with ORK functionality? I confess I am using quite a few extensions- perhaps one of these is blocking ORK from working properly.
    Post edited by eblumrich on
  • When using %p on combatant huds status values if the max is 0, it shows NaN.
  • @eblumrich
    Hm, I'd need your Unity project to check out why this is happening. My best guess is that the scene changer's trigger isn't recognizing the trigger enter of the player in the built game, for whatever reason ...

Third party assets shouldn't interfere with ORK functionality, as everything in ORK is within the ORKFramework namespace. They'd need to interfere with Unity functionality for that to happen, e.g. setting the time scale to 0 to prevent time progress (e.g. screen fades).

@Maximal
    Will be fixed in the next update.
  • For whatever reason.

Thanks.
  • It seems that when I have a combatant spawner with Remember Combatant checked so it saves with the save game option all works fine until I run an event with Join Active Group so I can have the NPC in Players Group. Then when I save the game and load it again the NPC is not loaded.
  • @dlevel
    Well ... the NPC is part of the player group after that, so it's basically gone as an NPC and saved as a player group member.
  • edited November 2018
    Yeah I had Save Group Positions disabled because I want to spawn my player in the first town due to my terrains being disabled except the first town. Is there a way to run an event on Load? So I can enable the terrains needed (for other villages) so the combatants spawn correctly.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • @dlevel
    You can set up a global event for that:
    - Event Type: Scene
    - Scene Change Type: Load