• edited November 2018
    Thank you.

57) also for targeting, would be handy if you had target change regarding what you are targeting, so if I have in my crosshair another enemy for 1", to become the new target. Is that possible?
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited November 2018
    58) Can we have an Add Loot Table node? or the Add Loot one can have loot tables :) as well as in Add to Item Box, would be nice if we can add loot tables.

Also something weird happens with the chest boxes, the Change Box ID I m pretty sure it worked before, but now I have an autostart event to change the boxes ID on start, and even though it works (the ID is different) when I open one, I can't open any other like what it happened when they shared the same ID.

Post edited by dlevel on
  • 59) Set Object Tag node as well would be handy :)

60) I cannot make the Follower Auto Respawn in Move AI work, it follows me (leader) just fine but when I get out of range it doesnt respawn near me.

I'm revisiting an NPC mechanic for my game that I started 1 year+ ago and these stuff worked fine I remember, I m trying to figure out what changed. Likewise, the AI behavior doesn't work (healing the player) while the NPC has learned the ability needed and AI Behavior. As well Attack Allies on Move AI enemy detection is checked, and when the player gets attacked the NPC stays off battle
  • you forgot me? :D
  • edited November 2018
    No :)

57) No, since there is no targeting system like this in ORK. You'd have to do this via custom scripting.

58) What would this do other than the Add Loot node?
    As for the item boxes - are you changing the box ID of all item boxes to the same ID or only one? Item boxes only share content if their box IDs match.

59) You should be able to do this via the the Change Fields node, changing the tag string property of a GameObject (class).

60) Make sure your battle ranges are high enough (or disabled) in Battle System > Battle Settings. E.g. if the move AI range is less than the respawn range, it's probably not going to respawn :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 61) I bought a highlight asset that I need to call lightsON and lightsOFF function to make the 3d object highlighted, is there a way to call these funcions when the interaction controller can interact (be in interact range) and when it's not (so i can call lightsOFF). Thank you.
  • 61) No, but since an interactions are recognized by entering the interaction controller's trigger, you can just write a small script that calls lightsON on trigger enter and lightsOFF on trigger exit.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2018
    61) yeah but that would highlight everything that's in interactions controller correct? and not the nearest item. Do you believe we can handle this inside the interaction controller script or I will mess everything up? :P if I can please let me know what handles the nearest item that pop ups the "Interact" on items so I can add this function

56) Any update on this, is really frustrating to target monsters behind walls in a dungeon :)

btw I have sent you and e-mail regarding some commision work, don't know if you checked it out :)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited December 2018
    61) You can write your own, custom interaction controller by extending ORK's controller, as it's fully extensible :)
    E.g.:

using UnityEngine;
    using ORKFramework.Behaviours;

public class CustomInteractionController : InteractionController
    {
    public override void SortInteractions()
    {
    if(this.list.Count > 0)
    {
    CustomComponent comp = this.list[0].GetComponent<CustomComponent>();
    if(comp != null)
    {
    comp.lightsOFF();
    }
    }

base.SortInteractions();

if(this.list.Count > 0)
    {
    if(comp != null)
    {
    comp.lightsON();
    }
    }
    }
    }

Replacing the CustomComponent with the name of the component you want to access (and maybe check if the functions are correct) should be enough to get this going.
    Just use that class instead of ORK's standard interaction controller.

56) Ah, yeah, forgot to ask - is this for the regular target selection next/previous key (which only go through the battle menu's available targets) or for group/individual target selections?

I'll get back to you regarding the email, I've been pretty busy with ORK 2.20.0 :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited November 2018
    56) it's regarding individual target selections using next/previous key (using tab for next target)

61) ah cool, will test that :) just to make things clear, will I use this script inside the Interaction Controller prefab or create a new prefab as an Interaction Controller?
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 61) Use it in the prefab, replacing the regular interaction controller component.
  • edited November 2018
    61) seems it works, having some issues but I ll try to solve them
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Let me know if you need any help with them :)
  • yeah, couldn't make it work, when there is only 1 item it doesn't work, it needs more than 2 to work (I guess this is the > 1), but even when there are 2 and the lighton works, then the lightoff doesn't when I'm going out of range (functions are correct checked them and did some debugging).
  • Ah, sorry - my bad :)
    This should fix it:

using UnityEngine;
    using ORKFramework.Behaviours;

public class CustomInteractionController : InteractionController
    {
    public override void SortInteractions()
    {
    if(this.list.Count > 0)
    {
    if(comp != null)
    {
    comp.lightsOFF();
    }
    }

base.SortInteractions();

if(this.list.Count > 0)
    {
    if(comp != null)
    {
    comp.lightsON();
    }
    }
    }
    }

I've also changed it in my previous post.