Hi GiL,
When using the new UI, If the user doesn't have enough gold to buy the items, the items choices will be disabled.
Due to the buttons being inactive they can't be clicked and the descriptions can't be shown.
The tooltip is not a good solution for mobile games because the tooltip can't be scolled when the item has a long description, also tap on the disabled item to show the tooltip will confuse the user(the last selected item remain selected when user tapping on other inactive items).

I think a better way is not to disable the Non-purchasable Items but show a notification to tell the user that they don't have enough gold to purchase items.
Just like the Sub Menu in Menu Screens, there is Only Available setting in Sub Menu Settings, even unavailable items can be clicked.

For now, I can't find a good solution for my mobile game by myself. Is there any chance that the Only Available option for shop list items will be added in the future?
  • Try enabling Mouse Over Selection in Menus > Menu Settings to select the disabled buttons in the new UI. I'll look into why the buttons can't be selected via click in the new UI.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you very much. The Mouse Over Selection works perfect. It also fix the locked battle member cant't be selected in Battle Group menu screen.
  • emm, after testing, the Mouse Over Selection causes another problem in mobile game: Even I set Select First in shop layout GUI Boxes choice settings, but the quantity selection menu will pop up with only ONE tap on the choice item.
  • The next update will fix the core issue, i.e. inactive choices will be selected when clicking on them (new UI). Had to work around that, as Unity's UI system doesn't register clicks on disabled buttons :)
    Will be available next week.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's great news. Really looking forward to it :)