I'm currently having a problem where if you use the esc menu to exit the game to the main menu while you are in the middle of a dialogue the dialogue remains on the screen in the main menu and in all future scenes that you load and can't be exited out of. Is there a way to make loading a scene from the escape menu automatically close all dialogues? Considering that my game is mostly chained dialogues, this is pretty important.
  • I'll check it out - conceptually, dialgoues where usually control blocking events and prevented calling menus, so the thought that someone would exit the game while in dialogue never occurred to me :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That totally makes sense. I'm not doing that because I'm currently working on a game that is almost all dialogues and there are numerous whole scenes that are just dialogues. While I don't mind that you can't save in the middle of a dialogue (I don't want you to be able to) it's important to be able to pull up a menu and even leave in the middle of one.
  • This will be changed in the next update - dialogues opened by the event will be closed if the event is stopped (e.g. using Stop On Destroy in the event interaction).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • awesome! Thank you! Any idea when that's coming out?
  • Probably end of the month.
  • Out of curiosity. Has it come out yet and if so where do I go to get it? Also, I deeply appreciate that you're willing to do that!
  • Yep, has been added in ORK 2.21.0 and was released end of December :)
  • Alright. Finally getting around to buying a new licence and updating. Just to make sure I'm doing this right. I baught a new licence in the unity asset store and then imported the most up to date version. Is that all I need to do to update my project?
  • Yes, that's all you have to do.
    I'd recommend making a backup of your Unity project before any update, though - just to be safe :)
  • It worked an works beautifully! Thank you!