Hello, everyone! After 3 months of sleepless nights, I finally learned Unity. I'm really excited about Ork and have been following the tutorials, although not in order. Anyway, I was tinkering around with interaction controllers and was wondering how exactly do I make a chest display that it is locked in a dialog box? The tutorial showed me how to have my player talk to an npc, but the controller is connected to the player, not the npc. Thanks for the help!
  • edited December 2018
    I strongly advise you go through all the game tutorials first exactly the way they are described and in order, it will take a couple of days and it will learn you the core of ORK.

So, the interaction controller is always attached to the player and is used to trigger Interactions of NPCs/Objects etc. that have an Event Interaction component attached (use the ORK scene wizard to add it, so it attaches all required components like a trigger collider).

For chests, you likely gonna have an Item Collector attached (so it has the loot you want the player to acquire) so in this Item Collector navigate to Start Game Event and attach a previous created Game Event that will check for a key or something in your inventory and if it doesn't find it it will show a Dialogue that it's locked. Haven't test it that way exactly in chests, it might need to have an event interaction to enable the item collector component if you have the key, but that's the general idea.

Post edited by dlevel on
  • Thank you, dlevel! I will go in order and finish the tutorials as well. I just get ahead of myself sometimes. I appreciate your help!