• Sorry, didn't really come to testing this out yet, hopefully this week :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Whenever you have time, of course. It will really help me out once you are able to!
  • Hi GiL, have you had a chance to look into this?
  • edited October 2018
    I've figured out that I was missing a crucial step. I hadn't turned on Object Variable Settings for each combatant. Lesson learned.

Still doesn't work though. Now I can initialize a grid cell for the player combatants, and upon Battle Start Event it places the party leader on their pre-set cell. BUT this only works for the leader, ORK just ignores all other combatant and doesn't put them in their pre-set cells.

Also, Grid Cell To Variable node in my Grid Move Event Animation fails to store the new grid cell once the combatant has moved to it. Am I required to make a custom Grid Move in order to use this node?
    Post edited by TZen on
  • I still need some help with this if you get a chance.

I can initialize a grid cell for the player combatants, and upon Battle Start Event it places the party leader on their pre-set cell. BUT this only works for the leader, ORK just ignores all other player combatants and doesn't put them in their pre-set cells.
  • Damn, I'm sorry - I completely forgot to check this out!
    I'll be on it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Please let me know what you find!
  • Sorry, that's not working with the current nodes, as the battle start event isn't really able to do this properly per combatant.

I'll add a new node in the next update to handle this - it'll be a single node that allows you to store the combatant's current cell (and direction), restore it (i.e. place/spawn the combatant on that cell) or clear the stored data. The data is stored per combatant and also saved with save games.