Is there a way in ork to create a shortcut button with channeling ability so player needs to hold the button in order to ability to perform continuously and off when the button is not pressed anymore? Thank you
  • Having an input key with Hold input handling should allow that. Use the input key in a control map and it'll fire the linked action (e.g. ability) whenever the combatant is able to (e.g. after the previous use finished).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you very much, that works with me. I have another issue, about the shortcut / input keys

How can ork define which input to perform like this example

Skill A - input with letter "K"
    Skill B - input with letter "K" while holding shift
    Skill C - input with letter "K" while holding control

I tried with combination input keys my settings was like this

Input Keys Name - Input Origin - Positive Key ===> Format
    Skill_0 - Key Code - K
    Shift - Key Code - Shift Left
    Skill_11 - ORK Input Key - (1)Shift + (2)Skill-0

also I tried with another input like
    Skill_11 - Key Combo - (0)Shift, timeout 1s + (1)Skill_0, timeout 1s

Both are not working, I know it looks like stack input, but is there anyway to get what I need in ORK way? I thought it's automatically recognised.

Thank you Gil.
  • For these kind of combinations (hold one key and press another), you need 3 input keys, e.g. for K + holding shift:
    - input key for Shift (left or right, or both), input handling Hold
    - input key for K, input handling Down (to get input on down press)
    - input key using ORK Input Key origin, needed All and adding both the Shift and K input keys
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That results my character does the Skill with K, instead both keys. Is there a way to block the skill? ar at least the single input?
  • edited January 2019
    The control map uses the first action it can use (and that has valid input and conditions) in order they're defined.
    I.e. you need to move control key with skill A (only using K input) below the other skills that use a combination with K.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • This way it works like a charm. Thanks a lot GIL