• Yeah I understand why he did it but when I went to store page, it doesn't even give you discount to update to new version as a older customer. I had to ditch it completely. Oh well.
  • edited December 2018
    I just came back because it's a really good editor. I understand that the crushing burdens of life make it hard to lay out the money sometimes but the value you get is worth the expense and Gil does deserve to be paid for his consistent updates and hard work. He has bills to pay too. : )

It's a good investment. The support he gives in the forum is top notch. The product is top notch. I was thinking of learning to code a game from scratch because I like a challenge like that and I've gotten farther than I thought I could doing that but it's time-consuming and I'm no where near the functionality that ORK delivers. So I'm happy to see ORK on sale and I can go back to work without having to think how to code stuff. : ) I like coding and will continue to learn but now I want to get back down to making a game with Unity.

You can do that with ORk.

He's been with Unity through so many, many changes and he's had to adapt his coding and layouts to all those changes. I don't think a lot of us can realize how much work that's been for him. A ton of work might be a good measure. A googol of work might be a better measure if work was measured in googols.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Agree with you, Catacomber, but most importantly, welcome back! You have been with Ork for such a loong time that it was kind of a let down when you said you were going to fade silently into the night. Good to have you here again.
  • edited December 2018
    Been with ORK since ORK 1. : ) Sometimes it's good to step away, learn things, evaluate what you had and step back with a broader perspective. : ) The sale made it easier for me. I have a lot of extended family responsibilities this year so have to watch what I spend where but I missed developing with ORK. I think Gil is going the right way for him. The changes in Unity since ORK 1 have been phenomenal and he's kept up. That has had to cost him time as well as work and he deserves to get paid fairly for his work. I have a lot of Unity assets that are worthless today after so many Unity changes. Some of them I really miss and wish the developers had more incentive to update. They just didn't keep up with Unity's changes. Lets give Gil the incentive and keep supporting him, within our means to do so of course.

You can make a game with ORK that players can enjoy. I think that's the bottom line. That's why I'm back. I really missed using ORK. Of course, I have to go through the tutorials again. And put up with Unity's sometimes glitches, problems, snags, Ios bugs and Apple's strict requirements. But it was exciting. I made two games with ORk for Ios. Excited about a new one. This time I think I'll start with Steam.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Haven't posted in a long time---agree with what GIL is doing.
    I'll be upgrading to the latest ORK version with the next project. I'm too far into my current project to upgrade. I locked my Unity and ORK versions a while ago. Just wanted to show my support.