edited December 2018 in ORK Support
Hello, I read from the product description: "The latest version supports Unity 5.6, Unity 2017 and Unity 2018. "
Trying on a brand clean new project with Unity 5.6.6, the ORK Editor breaks with the following loop exceptions:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEditor.PlayModeStateChange' from assembly 'UnityEditor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
UnityEditor.EditorWindow:GetWindow(Boolean, String, Boolean)
ORKWindow:Init()

TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Seems to me it doesn't support 5.6.6 after all
Any hints?
Post edited by RustedGames on
  • Did you download ORK from inside the 5.6 editor so it downloads the correct version?
  • @dlevel yes I did that, from 5.6.6 Editor I went to the Asset Store and clicked Install the package
  • Would like to know if it works with 5.6.6 as I'm downloading that version now. I need it for another reason so can also download 2017.

It's easy to have two versions of Unity on the PC.

Any thoughts on what version of 2017 is the most stable?

Not going to 2018 yet as my favorite procedural terrain editor has a killer console warning with 2018.
  • edited December 2018
    @Catacomber, it does not work on 5.6.6 I have not try it on any of the 2017 versions, I have no plans on using that version anymore.
  • If you've downloaded ORK with a different version than 5.6, you need to delete that downloaded file (should be somewhere in your user data, e.g. in Windows 10 in AppData/Roaming/Unity/...) and download it again with your Unity version.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2018
    Thanks @gamingislove that did the trick, I don't why I thought Unity Editor would be smart enough handle that for me.
  • Yeah ... it'd be great if it'd be smart enough for that ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!