edited December 2018 in Makinom Support
As the title probably implies, I'm super new at Makinom and I'm not a coder, so i don't know what I'm doing. :)

I'm seriously lost here, I've tried several things but all of them mess up in various ways. Please help
Post edited by boxfiend on
  • Is this for actually only allowing movement in 8 directions or for playing the correct direction's move animation?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Playing the right animations.. :') i can get it to move around just fine, (modified the player controls from the shooter tutorial a bit so there's one node in fixed update that handles both the x and y axes on key press) but I can't get it to animate the right things at all. Id send you a screenshot but that computer's offline only :/ anything you can suggest would be super helpful!!
  • In that case it's probably best to check your horizontal and vertical input and play the animation related to it, e.g. using Input Key nodes.

It'd look like this (assuming you're using input keys with axis for movement instead of 4 individual keys):

So, you're basically just checking if the input moves none/left/right and none/up/down - how you're playing the animation depends on your animation setup.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This works perfectly, just needed to tweak it to play the idle animations properly as well, many thanks!