Hi, I need help, how to create event to perform a throw like a lob parabolic?, like a solider throwing a bomb, or someone throw a stone. I tried many things but couldn't find a solution. I really hope ork event can make such thing. It will be easier to integrate with.

Thank you
  • Have you tried adding a force to a rigid body?

There are a few rigid body options available.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Beside using physics/rigidbody, you can also try using the Curve Move node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • i tried to use rigidbody, it seems a bit complicated compare to Curve Move because I need to get the distant of target before user summons the projectile.

I tried Curve Move mode, but it doesn't work or perhaps I don't really understand how to use it, can anyone give a simple 3 - 4 nodes to explain how to use Curve Move node?

Mine was like this

Spawn Prefab - Curve Move - Change Position (with move to object target) - Destroy Prefab

Is it the right sequence?

Thanks a lot GIL Curve Move is the simple method that I want luckily ORK has it.
  • Either use Curve Move or Change Position, as both nodes are used to move the game object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, I can work it out. For a better framework, this flexible movement with the curve move node, it will be perfect functional if you could change the target node with a position function. Currently the node target must be defined manually with value. If you could change the node to formulated value / target position and stuff and make the curve line as a ratio, it will be a perfect node to move everything. Can make this happen?

This should be great, user can create a stream of fire or flying monsters spawn through event system.

Thank you GIL
  • I'll look into it.
  • The next update will add more options to the Curve Move node, e.g. a value setting to multiply the curves with.

E.g. first storing the distance between user and target allows you to use the distance in the Z-axis curve - a straight line from 0,0 to 1,1 would move the game object forward for that distance.
  • That will be the best function for the node. Thank you very much GIL you are the best.