So I tried some various things to try and figure out what is wrong but no go. I can interact in my town scene, but not my dungeon scene. AKA any interaction event simply doesn't work in the other scene. Any ideas? I even tried changing the start scene to start in the dungeon scene and it is the same problem, can't interact with anything, but can change scene to town and those interaction events work. Made sure scenes were in build settings... Made sure I had a player start event... Updated ORK to see if that helped, nope. Will continue to look for the solution in the meantime but thought I would leave this here for now hah.
  • edited December 2018
    So I found the issue: The interaction controller spawns in a weird spot in that scene and does not move from it. Tried to manually add it to the player prefab, still spawns in weird spot in that scene. Never had this issue before with it. Especially weird that it only does it in this scene atm, but works properly in the other one.

Band-aid fix: add an update(because start and awake don't seem to work) call as a separate script to move it to the player transform... not ideal.

Post edited by dracon85 on
  • What's your interaction controller setup in ORK (Base/Control > Game Controls > Interaction Settings)? Is it added via ORK using the prefab?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry about that crazy holiday end of year stuff. But I have tried automatic and just adding it to the player prefab without automatic. Same problem either way... just that scene seems to spawn the interaction controller way up in the air for some reason and it never hooks up to the player.
  • Hmmm ... very strange.
    Could you send me a small Unity test project where this happens to contact@orkframework.com? A simple test scene with a dummy player and interaction controller where this occurs.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!