• edited December 2018
    It seems there is a bug on 2.20.0 (unity 2018.3) when I call a battle event that closes an Inventory menu screen and then opens it again, I cannot use other items in the inventory, I had this battle event for enchants and when I'm in inventory and choose the enchant scroll, it closes the Inventory and opens it after the enchant happens to reset inventory, a workaround for pause game when in menus.

Anyway, I made a simple battle event with 3 nodes for debugging: Close menu screen (Inventory) -> Wait -> Call menu screen (Inventory) with clear blocks and it happens again, when after that the inventory opens again I can't select items in inventory again (fail sound triggers). I also used the Set User to test and selected the player, still nothing. Also after that, if I close the inventory by pressing the menu screen close key and re-open it, again I cannot select any item in it.

edit: Also another behavior I get in the Enchant event that it used to work fine, is that after I close the Inventory the Player Controls doesn't unblock and the player gets stuck, there is a block player controls node in this event and the Clear block steps is checked in the event settings but doesn't seem to clear this block node. Also, even an unblock node doesn't unblock player controls at this point in the simple 3 node event. I have custom controls, other block/unblock events work fine.

edit2: Inventory Menu Screen has Block Controls and Block Control Maps checked, but the same happens with them unchecked.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • It seems that Bool Item Variables aren't applying, or simply aren't recognized by formulas. Creating a Bool and checking it as positive always fails when testing via the 'Check Game Variables' node referencing the selected item/equipment.

*Note* on a separate issue, though I wouldn't call it a bug, users need a way to update/recalculate their formula dependent item variables to reflect changes made during game play.
  • "It seems that Bool Item Variables aren't applying, or simply aren't recognized by formulas. Creating a Bool and checking it as positive always fails when testing via the 'Check Game Variables' node referencing the selected item/equipment."

Note: A Unity Update resolved this issue for me. Still need a way to update generated Obj. variables, though.
  • SK1SK1
    edited January 2019
    ORK2.21.0 had one errors in Unity2018.3.1:
    1. Loss of camera.
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • @SK1
    Are you using built-in camera controls, are they blocked or maybe an event is destroying the camera (e.g. camera mounted to something that's destroyed)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2019
    Unity 2018.3.1, I get this message when I update to 2.22

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.FlyingTextSettings.SetData (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
    ORKFramework.BattleTextsSettings.SetData (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
    ORKFramework.CoreSettings.LoadProject (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    ORKFramework.BattleTextsSettings..ctor (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:513)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:519)
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:528)
    System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/ConstructorInfo.cs:77)
    ORKFramework.ReflectionTypeHandler.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Type[] constTypes, System.Object[] constValues)
    ORKFramework.DataHandler.LoadProject (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    ORKFramework.DataHandler.LoadData ()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.Initialize (.ORKProjectAsset project, ISecurityHandler securityHandler, System.Type[] dataTypes)
    ORKFramework.ORK.Init (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    ORKFramework.ORK..ctor (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    ORKFramework.ORK.Initialize (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    ORKWindow.Init ()

it works fine if I open in a new project with an old ORKProject.asset, but as soon as I load my old ORKProject.asset I get this message and ORK stucks
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited March 2019
    I've been using custom scripts to make several custom systems. I'm dropping items from direclty from ORK and not from player inventory or loot.
    My scripts have functions that use, I believe you fixed the Save/Load Item Duplication bug when dropped from player invenotry & enemy loot but it seems to do it with
    ORK.Game.Scene.Drop(Item, currentPos, currentRot);

The code drops an Ork Item perfectly where I want it with no problems, but I have dropped items using this code and when saving the game and loading the game , all objects are in the right place but have be duplicated several times over. So if I drop a potion then save and load again it will drop duplicate potions.
    Post edited by tribbles on
  • @tribbles
    Hm, the duplication bug should be fixed - are you sure it's not your script running again?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Found a bug when using Invector 3rd person Controller. Character spawns in initial scene from main menu. Any other scenes however the spawn points do not work, the character is not there it does not come into the scene. In the Unity wrapper settings in Game > Game Settings all 4 boxes are unticked so its not that.
  • edited March 2019
    @gamingislove

I thought it was my custom script too but then I tested ORK Add Combatant Component to an Enemy & and tried spawning enemies with a Combatant Spawner. Then go in game kill the enemy then it drops loot, I save the game with the loot on the ground and load the game, I tried loading in game and in the main menu load both duplicate the loot that is dropped into the world. I also tried just dropping items out of the players inventory into the game world and save/load and it continues to duplicate the items dropped. It seems that dropping anything in the world then saving /loading duplicates items, not sure what I'm doing wrong. :/

I have tried all these ways to drop Items/Loot into 3D world and all duplicate on save/load game.

1. With my custom script to drop ork items into the world

Without my Custom Scripts ( ORK Only ) :
    2. Using Add Combatant Component+ Kill enemy to drop loot into world
    3. Using Combatant Spawner + kill enemy to drop loot into world
    4. Dropping items from player inventory to the world

My ORK Version is 2.23.0
    My Unity Version 2017.1.0f3
    Post edited by tribbles on
  • @tribbles
    Hm, not happening on my end - could you send me a test Unity project to contact@orkframework.com?
  • @gamingislove Ok going to send you a small test scene, thanks!
  • edited April 2019
    Already moved ,Ignore !!
    Post edited by zmaxz on
  • SK1SK1
    edited April 2019
    ORK2.23.0 does not display the Flying text of the damage value when attacking and using magic.

【The problem is solved, the ORk project file is stored incorrectly, and the previous project is replied.】
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • In the melee attack area, after entering the battle, Set Scene Position cannot store the position of the player group as the current scene position. After the battle is completed, the Change Position cannot be used to move the player to the previously stored scene position. The previous version can be set as such. Normal operation, but now it can't work after upgrading. And after I switched back to ORK2.21.0, I can't load the player when I enter the scene start event.