ORK Framework 2.22.0 is here: release notes

This update adds a lot of new features, some changes and fixes - some of the highlights are:
  • Flying texts can now be defined for player, ally and enemy groups (e.g. player damage with red text, enemy damage with white text).
  • Abilities, items, equipment and other inventory shortcuts can now be renamed, e.g. making your Sword into an Awesome Sword+ after visiting an upgrade NPC :)
  • All notifications can now also be changed to work like dialogues (i.e. closing after being accepted).
  • Updates to group/individual targeting, e.g. raycast line of sight.
  • Battle menus can now show empty ability/item types.
  • New settings to limit menu screens (and battle menus) to only show empty ability types that are or will be available to the combatant, e.g. based on the combatant's ability development settings.
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Updates to group/individual targeting, e.g. raycast line of sight.

my weekend plans just got canceled. :D
  • For those who already downloaded ORK 2.22.0 - there's an issue that can cause an error when old flying text settings are updated (only in some cases when some of the flying texts in Battle System > Battle Texts where disabled).

ORK 2.22.0a fixes this issue and is already available :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The new raycast targeting is what I have dreamed of for 2 years now :D Thanks GIL, real time battles boosted by 100%!
  • -_- I'm still getting the flying text exception even after importing 2.22.0a, deleting the project file and creating a new one helped though
  • It worked for me, completely deleted ORK, imported the new 2.22.0a and copied my project file.
  • I did delete the old dlls but kept the Project and Editor files in place, and it failed, I know it's Unity cache fault, just wanted to point it out. Hopefully this is still a blank project template so I didn't lose anything
  • edited January 2019
    If anyone is still getting version upgrade errors with ORK 2.22.0a, please send me your ORKProject.asset file to contact@orkframework.com - I'm pretty sure all cases should be fixed with the version and it's just a Unity update thing having the wrong version, but I'd like to make sure :)

Also, you don't have to delete ORK from the project before updating - if importing ORK doesn't show the DLLs to be replaced, you're definitely not having downloaded the latest version yet.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Alright - another fixed version (ORK 2.22.0b) is available in the Asset Store. The issue was caused by older ORK versions updating the flying text settings and not opening Battle System > Battle Texts since that update, which caused some wrong saved data ...
  • I'm not sure how I missed this:

Flying texts can now be defined for player, ally and enemy groups (e.g. player damage with red text, enemy damage with white text).

Thanks a ton for adding this, it will help a lot. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • You're welcome :D